a graffiti edge

7aliveatlast7

the bearded hessian
hey all, i'm new on here within the last week, and i was super excited to see there is an area for member art! i've been an drawing all my life, and for the last 5 years or so, i've been really into graffiti. i don't do lettering all that much, but most of my pieces have some sort of a graffiti type feel to them, mostly through drop shadows, thick outlining, or exaggerated styles. i stick to canvas with it these days, though i used to tag in abandoned buildings in my area. i'll have to see if i can find some of those pics and upload them.

403004449.jpg

403004479.jpg

403004480.jpg

403004490.jpg

403004494.jpg

i've got a bunch of stuff, so i'll keep posting here and there. oh, i almost forgot, i've been really into auto renderings the past 2 months or so too. i'll have to get a couple of those up for you all, they're slowly becoming my new favorite!

so as i said, i've really been getting into auto renderings. here's my first two attempts. i was happy with how they turned out.

1967 Corvette:
403112396.jpg

1968 Chevy C10
402923638.jpg

Sweet work, a c10 is my dream truck, we only have 1 car (5 bikes a motorhome and a work Van) but I wont get a car of my own unless it's a c10!

7aliveatlast7 said:
i made a mistake, that's actually a '67 'vette. '68 started a new body style, whoops!

Forgive me for being picky, but I thought the only year for the Split-Window Vette was 1963...

http://corvettes.about.com/od/history/p/1963-Split-Window-Corvette-Coupe.htm

CafeRacer650 said:
Forgive me for being picky, but I thought the only year for the Split-Window Vette was 1963...

http://corvettes.about.com/od/history/p/1963-Split-Window-Corvette-Coupe.htm

Lol was going to say the same thing, my favorite vette.

CafeRacer650 said:

hey no worries! thanks for the knowledge, this german car guy just got a lesson in american muscle :)

this is a pretty rough sketch of a custom streamliner a friend of mine is hoping to build for a client. the client (it's actually the owner of the company he works for) is so excited about the idea that he just went and bought a 1/4 scale model of an old indy car with a similar look, so hopefully he'll pick up the project! my friend passed this picture on to him and the guy responded immediately saying he loved it, so that's promising. his only complaint was that he wants wider wheels on the rear, so that'll be different in the final rendering.

403827008.jpg

haven't posted anything in here for a long time, but did this in a friend's home studio yesterday and figured i'd post it up.

406216918.jpg

Back
Top Bottom