Texas Two Step Taco

Combination rear set, brake stay, and lower wheelie bar tab.
4a08e8acef3549f7b38f26518bd315a5.jpg
b7f8eb335f4606939de093cf0f89ecc2.jpg
cf60df0b7b526a3d1f217738b27978fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My welding is getting better...not as good as Zeke. Hopefully I will finish the race better than my welds.
78785832a706de84867380cbf8d77b44.jpg
2b60c144f75015834bd3ea2c112968ba.jpg

Well the Bultaco Drag bike is winning the weight loss challenge. I am down 15 lbs from last Twist Off held in Texas and the Bultaco Montadero is now 234 lbs. The Bandido weighed 251 lbs with the lighter flywheel. So we are 17 lbs lighter than the Bandido at this time.

Well the Bultaco Drag bike is winning the weight loss challenge. I am down 15 lbs from last Twist Off held in Texas and the Bultaco Montadero is now 234 lbs. The Bandido weighed 251 lbs with the lighter flywheel. So we are 17 lbs lighter than the Bandido at this time. The good news is Zeke is having a tough time getting his bike started.

614428e1782374c00485710538f90320.jpg
0caa7ea1233a0362272578ceeebfac5e.jpg

Couple of problems. First is the clutch. After our dyno runs the clutch did not want to work. The plates were all stuck together. Disassembled. The wear limit is 2.3mm and we are at 2.8. There is suppose to be 300 ml of oil in the right side case but it has a leak and we usually run less than that.

Also the clutch plates we have are composite not metal like Hughs Bultaco sent us. The Metal ones are 2 lbs heavier. So we probably won’t use them.

Should we just vent the case and go to a dry clutch? Take a look at this picture of the other Bultaco drag bike.
8023a604c3719d69e0fc78860ccb7cc6.png

Second problem is not having a kick starter. So I am going to relocate the air shifter to accommodate the kick starter.
ba097070a34528c0ec0ad6e46db3299e.png

Here is the side by side comparison of all three flywheels with the last one being the 3.7 lbs Pursang flywheel. https://youtu.be/jbp2Fr_3AcM

Sonreir said:
Bump start?
i am sure it would be fine for the Twist Off...the funny thing is that Kevin Schwantz gave Zeke a bump start on the and he finally beat me last year. I tell Zeke it was because Kevin gave him a push...and probably told him to leave on the third yellow. However, I have been told at sanctioned racing events they don’t let you do that.

We were both having problems this weekend. His Italian beauty wanted to sleep and mine wanted to leak oil. Damn dehydrated paper gaskets.
e25d7ac247ef54cf8863820eb11bfe4e.jpg

1fasgsxr said:
Is it possible to use an outboard starter? Not from a boat...lol
Yes I would have to fabricate something to the flywheel and thought about using one of these http://www.jegs.com/i/JR-Race-Car/574/835-SMGD-11/10002/-1 I guess you just reverse the polarity for your direction...however I don’t think Zeke will help me get my bike started to race him. Lol.

1fasgsxr said:
Hire a cute pit girl to help you...it will distract him !! ;D
That is a great idea! He has been eating all the bluebell ice dream I have been buying!

If you want to build a Bultaco TSS replica out of a Montadero or Bandido then https://ajrmotocicletas.es/en_GB is worth a visit. They also have a performance clutch for the TSS that can be used in the Bandido and Montadero because they are on the same platform.

Sucking wind with the lighter flywheel

https://youtu.be/n9nMl22Wlcg

Testing the air shifter on the 6 lbs flywheel on our Bultaco Drag

https://youtu.be/NCAUxW0a6ps

Now to hook up the kill switch so you can stop flapping the right wrist back and forth.....

Once the throttle is WFO in the first half second or less, it stays that way until just past the finish line. No backing off to shift please.. :)

Bike sounds sharp BTW.

teazer said:
Now to hook up the kill switch so you can stop flapping the right wrist back and forth.....

Once the throttle is WFO in the first half second or less, it stays that way until just past the finish line. No backing off to shift please.. :)

Bike sounds sharp BTW.
Yes that is a habit I will need to break! Did you listen to the engine in the first video with the lighter flywheel. It did not pull near as hard off the line and then when came on the pipe it was like it was on a rev limiter..:started spattering like it was out of fuel...backed off the throttle and it let me proceed but could not give it full throttle.

Is that because it needs a reed valve with that flywheel? I didn’t not check the timing with that lighter flywheel btw. I think the Pursang has a different timing. If so is that detonation I am hearing? The montadero and Bandido had the most advance in their timing of the Bultacos.

Back
Top Bottom