Hello gentlemen

Sneikz said:
Don't speak too soon on the spoke front. Found one broken @10500km. Though I am over the 100kg mark.

Fitted the "go fast" red levers. Next job will be fitting the 37 tooth rear sprocket.
Cool, so hopefully nothing to worry about for another 10000km got the service coming up so will go with a list of stuff I want torqued and checked...going through the dealer so I can keep the warranty intact.
Had my a2 test yesterday and passed no problem so will be able to legally go out on the roads now and open her up a bit once the paperwork comes through. They don't have L or P plates here so basically you have to pass the test before you can go out and practise kinda thing, strange. Much like the British test, mod 1 short circuit, slow speed manoeuvres and then out on the road followed by the examiner...
anyway, thanks for the input crazy and sneikz

Got an airpod for tinkering with, exhaust and iridium plug should have arrived already too, and tried it straight out the box...way way to much air so the usual spluttering and stalling.
Remember seeing a YouTube video so gave the ideas in that a quick try...basically cut the rubber boot where the the little air pipe intakes in the carb are and inserted a plastic restricter pipe (about an inch wide strip from a Pepsi bottle ) and fitted it...through sheer dumb luck it works amazingly well. Idle/mid/full are all much better than stock.
I realise that the main reason for the pod is more air and fuel and therefore more power so it's kinda defeating the purpose but it sounds and goes much better than before.
Can't for the live of me track down an 18mm spark plug socket so can't check the plug as of yet so holding off saying it's a success but maybe worth a try if you want a pod without rejetting etc
Found this topic very useful, especially Scott Fury...5 comments down
http://thebikeshed.cc/forums/threads/1808-CG-125-Rejetting

Hey guys, had a productive weekend, service time...turns out the place I needed to go for the service was miles away so decided to get my hands dirty.
Changed the oil, and adjusted/lubed the chain, put a bigger cam into the throttle housing so it's about 1/4 turn now and put a small washer under the needle in the carb to richen it up a tad (was bogging slightly from about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle).
Got a couple of questions about the valve clearance if anyone can help. Looked everywhere on line...got my info and tools together
Found the f mark follows by t mark like in the picture (not my bike)
db2e1baef198ad9c64ba5e24143ca65e.jpg

But it was completely wrong tdc eventually found the correct one with the other methods on the net...
My question, most sites say cg125 engine should be 0.08mm and that's what I used....is it correct? Or is 0.05mm better for the Chinese made engines?
Bike is running well, tappit noise is no worse than before but don't want to damage the engine.
Thanks paul

Was at the right tdc last time, used the screwdriver in the sparkplug hint this time around and it really helped visualise what was happening in the engine. Don't know if everyone's is the same but on my crank there is the f t mark at the exhaust fire tdc but then at the inlet side there are two vertical lines followed by the fire and tdc mark...so easy to check next time.
Got so many parts waiting to go on but so little time...an hour of sunlight after work and Sunday free so hopefully next weekend I'll put on the new metzlers, and front (ferodo eco friction) and rear (ebc) brakes.
Want to get her grippy before the snow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Been a happily busy day, finished work early so got the new brakes on
fe5b7aa990bca16b38c55ea67b6e705e.jpg

127a1b9804b20cc58a1691dbc415aabf.jpg

And got the new wheels on (they put the front one on with the rotation the wrong way but only £2 so I'll go back and get them to flip it as soon as possible).
f4cdbf8b3821ea3947a40c56f44c1216.jpg

So that frees up tomorrow...got a new cg 125 exhaust but it just won't fit (not bent enough at the header) so I'm going to try and cut the stock one at a wide enough part so I can cut the new one and slip it inside, seal it up and cover it all up with exhaust wrap
Also a good wash, she got that dirty just from riding to work this morning in the rain

Good news and bad news about the brakes, can actually feel them stopping me now, much much better...bad news is that the petrol leaks out the cap when I brake now as well as when I tilt the bike
Got on with the exhaust today. Dug this out of the stock header end
f5e28e1b197631b9954be9fed65e25a4.jpg

Cut the new one and managed to persuade it into the stock about 2 inches...pretty solid
d7523381f3311db9d945dedac9c10f8e.jpg

Modified the bracket with the tapometer and sealed it up with some 'liquid steel' epoxy...found out after that someone we know has a welder so might use that if it starts to come apart...and wrap
0d98b16f7246b53f30d4a70f0bee8cfb.jpg

Also chucked in a generic CDI i got from AliExpress. She seems to be much more eager to go now, ignition is much faster and she's a wee bit louder but not deafening so all in all a pretty good weekend.
Got new shorty mudguards coming so when I fit them I'll have another go at the fork caps and going to try to get some sheet aluminium to make some new side panels, chain guard and under seat tray...love the little ace
Paul

stroker crazy said:
They're more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Crazy
They certainly are...had my three year old handing me sockets and the dog generally getting in the way, takes me back to when I was a young pup

Rushed home at lunch time, tyre off, switched and back on and a quick wash...then the postie came with the new petrol cap...quick tilt test at about 45 degrees and no leakage so seems to have done the trick and, IMHO, looks good
5c42df8b30b0296b55e539ab592112f7.jpg
f2a2d594e59af1e29f7d2b3d3511551b.jpg

Was 9 American from AliExpress, happy to pass along the store details if anyone is interested drop me a line, will test it better when I need petrol

Hi lads. I've just became a member and I have a problem with my ace. It never starts on first try. This is my first bike and I love it but it frustrates me a lot because of this issue. I have to try at least 7 times to make engine start. And it is like that every time I kill the engine. Doesn't matter if the engine is hot or not. For example, after a 50km ride, I stopped for gas yesterday. Then engine didn't start for 9 times. I bought it 4 months ago and took it to service cause bike has 2-year guarantee, but they didn't help either. Cause people never works free in Turkey. Anyway, one of my friend suggested to cancel the EGR system. What do you suggest? Is it a common problem or just me having this trouble?

Mine started pretty easy even with the egr but most take the egr off anyway to help the engine breath better. It sounds electrical and the easiest thing to check would be the spark plug/gap or try a new plug in there they are pretty cheap

Managed to get some 2m X 1m of 2mm aluminium so been playing around with that all day...finally defeated by the darkness.
b0dd3c4b651e4c222c5f477e4ab33440.jpg

Decided to move the ignition to in readiness of a bunch of switches/leds that are coming from China...removed the idiot lights too cos they were always full of water and generally lied all the time, especially that little green one
5c1e4458d33dda5e978ba0885248c8fb.jpg

Made a little battery box and a under tank tray to hold all the electrics...plan on covering her back up with some aluminium side panels but want to get some practise in first...difficult working like this
79c14a53bd49be3293e50d4e8bbe780c.jpg

Under tank tray
9fec3c405d71c9280bce600a6a7cf06e.jpg

All done for today...
18936bfd8db7a3dd21147bea16cc8567.jpg

Shorty mudguards should arrive tomorrow so will tidy the back end then...then to use up the aluminium doing to make a seat tray, chain guard and the side panels

Got the shorty guard on, not finalised yet, still need the bike for daily use so kinda piecemeal (and rain forecast for the weekend)
9ab46e0ef6aa3eb5177e4195f44b0a8c.jpg
9cc7961ad463ea02d2edb9326a28b3bf.jpg

Indicators will be moved to a license plate bracket and I'll put a spacer between the rear guard/frame. Good news is that I managed to talk the wife into allowing me to get a Dremel (in exchange for building the bairn a doll's house) so I should be able to get some better results with the aluminium sheeting.

Hey orrible, guards were 35 American from AliExpress, they are pretty well made, didn't want to chop the originals in case I want to go back and I wouldn't have been able to roll the edges. Bike seems a lot faster when you can see the front tyre instead of it being hidden under the guard

Happy new year to everyone, been a very busy boy, unfortunately not so much on the bike...doll's houses and balance bikes.
Got a few days off work now, but the weather has turned to cold so progress is slow. Thought I'd tidy up the front controls. Ordered a load of stuff from China a while back. Had grand plans for a rectangular box fitted on top of the fuel tank but scrapped that cos of the leaky fuel so slowly just replacing the forward controls
0e0a57b6f1e8c26fff8150b2133800cc.jpg

One for the lefthand side, metal...and smaller, wiring was just a case of matching the old colours to the new
c558d6746e7192b4201b05e24e0d1107.jpg

ff1b18a5be4a858c40a5393a11e07da3.jpg

Doesn't have a main beam flasher but it is a small price to pay for not accidently hitting the horn
Other side/speedo is still in progress...hopefully get a few days of not rain to get it finished.
Safe riding
Paul

Finally got the beastie and put back together and working again...basically when I had her apart I rejetted the carb with a 45 and 100 (didn't have any smaller main jet and she's derestricted with a pod). So after all the electrical work tried firing her up and she was sparking but not starting so I immediately thought I had ballsed something up (broke a safety switch or wired it wrong) so pulled everything apart and double checked all my work and still the same. Eventually bumped her and she started but running horribly. Will only do one thing at a time and then test from now on. Jetting was easy but the 100 was way to big, horrible bogging around 4500rpm so went back to stock (90d?) and she's back to life ;)
Anyway, took a couple of pics of the electrics, like the all in one speedo (about 40us) and just moved some switches around to make way for the fast throttle.
And another where I finally got around to tidying the back end a bit, been a long time coming
Next up is to try and make a new seat, similar to the old one but with a lower cowl mirroring the back end of the tank so the rectangular led tail light will slot in and hopefully some side panels
Stay safe
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_154830.jpg
    IMG_20180205_154830.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_20180206_132308_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20180206_132308_Bokeh.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 334
Back
Top Bottom