MOAR WOMENZES!!!

4eyes

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Seriously, this place needs more of a feminine touch. :)
I know more gals are lurking, and Go and Love Hertz aren't the only females who enjoy the cafe/vintage look.
One of the reasons we ride bikes is the CDI factor (chicks dig it) ;D
Come on ladies, what bikes do you like, what helmets/jackets/boots etc.
Sound off ;)

ive always wondered if chicks *excuse me, Women* :mad: :D think of their bikes as male or female. mine are all female and named. my friends call me asking what im doing, and i respond "riding megan" or clara, jennifer, or... you get the point.

dont forget missalliekat!!!

what happened to mmmsugar ???

i'm always skeptical of girls who say they're into bikes. sounds shitty, but experience has made me feel that way. i've had friends express interest, until they found out they had to get their hands dirty. most of them were in it in hopes of meeting guys. i get offended by that.. maybe i'm nuts, but i have a real emotional attachment to my bikes. my bikes aren't my wingmen!
apparently i'm not the only one who feels that way though; i've been on the receiving end of that skepticism. i recently started working at a mc shop, but when i first showed up there the other guys clearly didn't take me seriously. then i saw why.. in one day, two or three girls showed up with the whole "i've been thinking about getting a motorcycle.." line. i tried to be helpful to them, but after all that effort.. they really weren't as interested as they'd let on.. i would love to have some female riding/working buddies. so if y'all are out there.. hello!

I asked this awhile back and it seems weird to me that there arent more women here, or into vintage stuff in general. Oh well, the ones that are here are pretty badass. ;)

Rocan said:
ive always wondered if chicks *excuse me, Women* :mad: :D think of their bikes as male or female. mine are all female and named. my friends call me asking what im doing, and i respond "riding megan" or clara, jennifer, or... you get the point.

mine have both.. Tinker is a bad ass lady!
my future enduro is a Rufio

My bikes must be females, because any girlfriend I have had gets jealous of them.

I know one girl who rides, because her dad bought her a bike....

I think it has about 1500 miles on it.....in 3 years

dakine_surf said:
Great name for an enduro! Hook was one of my favorite movies growing up... Ruufeeeeooo, Ruuufeeeeooo!

i had a huge crush on him when i was a kiddo ;D i would have fit right in with those lost boys

rockcitycafe said:
I ride with my friend Iris all the time, great rider and she's always up for a 300+ mile ride

well stop hoggin' her and have her sign up! :D

My wife's cousin's girlfriend used to ride before I met her. I'm trying to convince her to get another one though. She said now that she has a girlfriend she doesn't have time for a bike.

I know, I don't understand it either.

My wife has a few friends at work who ride, I'll send an invitation to see if they will drop in. :)
I've been trying to get my wife to take a class. I know she will like it. I know she wouldn't be satisfied just riding behind me, she's said that she wants her own. She just won't make the commitment to learn.
She enjoys our trips to Bikes Blues & BBQ.
I'm stumped :(

Theres a forum called "The Fedora Lounge" Vintage EVERYTHING. Tons of women. Mroe in to the look and life style of the 50's than wrenching tho...

I think for one thing, a woman would need to be able to overlook a lot to hang in a motorcycle forum.

Part of it is that men have a hard time understanding that -generally- women and men are different; different sensibilities and ways of seeing. For instance- a lot of men feel macho when they're ATGATT, whereas my wife thinks they look like mechanical chipmunks. Men often recommend a certain kind of a bike for women, when they just want a scooter. Men are often more determined to ride, whereas women are often more easily intimidated. I can identify a little because I had zero mechanical input most of my life. My father raised African violets. Seriously. (Jeez, that makes ME laugh)

This is a generality, of course. I've known several women who are great riders; everything from an ironhead Sporty to a newish bright yellow Ducati, BMW's, Hondas, whatever. It must be kind of hard to go to a show or a race and observe other women prancing around in various forms of undress as props, rather than potential customers or even fellow racers.

I can be such a dude :p I blame my brothers for how I turned out! Although my mum was quite the little rebel..

My girlfriend and I are picking up her 1st bike tonight, a 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400. It's been sitting for at least 5 yrs and needs a good bit of work, ( but its what she could afford ), she wants to do as much of the the work on it as she can. =)

Hard to overcome stereotypes.Plus some guys think bikes are the last bastion of macho--whatever the sh-- that is.My wife rode a Honda 450 AT for years before arthritis set in. I bought the bike specially for her and she really enjoyed it.If u go out of your way to INCLUDE all the sub-sets of potential bikers, u find a lot of different folks really enjoy the lifestyle. Off the soapbox, onto the Kawi.BJ

beatnic said:
My girlfriend and I are picking up her 1st bike tonight, a 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400. It's been sitting for at least 5 yrs and needs a good bit of work, ( but its what she could afford ), she wants to do as much of the the work on it as she can. =)

I had a red one. Beautiful bike, for sure.
It scared the hooey out of me and I sold it a month later. When that critter gets on the cam, it shoots off like a freakin rocket! Careful about modulating the throttle coming out ot turns, is what I'm saying. Post pictures!

Odd thing is that I know a few women who ride but none of them are interested in talking about bikes on the web. One even welds and does her own wrenching, in fact she gave me both of my bikes because she thought I needed a project.

Guess they prefer riding and talking about bikes in real life... :-\

Back
Top Bottom