DTT OG where are they now?

4eyes

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I know I'm weird ::), but a few years ago, when I decided to join the site, I read ALL the old pages/posts. Especially the ones in Loungin in da club.
The OG DTTers seemed to be having a blast, and enjoyed helping one another. That was the main reason I joined, well.....that and the bitchin' bikes. 8)

So...that said....
Where did they all go? There not in the Toronto thread. Where did The Bronze, Equus, Kuyarico, Karen, Bandit, CanadaDan, Dutra, Ease, etc. go? And why?
Thank goodness we still have Tim, Go! and Hoofhearted all the time, and Dr J & Loco Leon drop in from time to time. BUT ......it seems that a lot of the guys and gals that made DTT so cool, got elbowed out when it started getting popular. :'(

They just got tired of it all...

They still love bikes. Still building bikes.
Just got tired of dealing with some of the people on here.

That is my understanding...

A few you mentioned like Ease, are still posting,he has a cool suzi tracker in the tracker section,but yeah I wonder where some have gone as well, I liked most of them ;D

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

CanadaDan is my brother actually, and is in Winnipeg. He's been busy running his business (antique dealer/landlord) there as well as raising his 2 teenage sons. He's a busy guy and his BMW blew a bearing or something in the engine a couple years back and it hasn't been on the road since.

Some of the others you mentioned are in the Toronto area and I see them from time to time, and DrJ is on often - he still holds the record for the most accumulated time online, so he's here a lot!

People come and go and come back again - nature of the beast.

While we may not be OG, there are quite a few great dudes in Dallas that also have accounts here. We don't post much, and we don't participate in many pissing matches, but we do hang out weekly and wrench/ride. I suspect there are many like us.

Don't know if I would be considered OG (been around since 2007) but I just kinda quit posting. Been lurking in the background and reading up on some cool builds. Really did not have anything interesting to post until my latest project.

It's not that I thought the site was to popular or that I was beeing edged out, just that most everything had already been said.

dang... i just noticed i past Tim up on posts... you know you have been a member to long when you pass up the head admin!

That's kinda what I figured. All the drama queens, bitching and moaning, drowned out the quality posts. ::)
I'm not leaving until they cremate my ass. ;D

It gets tough sometimes dealing with attitudes. One's offer of assistance can only be rebuffed so often before it's just easier to sit back and watch the carnage.
Plus my business is slowly ramping up, I'm actually relatively busy and getting more so...that's kinda nice.

I come here for the chicks.

Its only fun being told youre an "asshole" for trying to explain to someone that what theyre doing will most likely kill/maim/disfigure/castrate them so many times. That said, Im still enjoying being called an asshole. And I think Swag is cute.

Anyone have a look at the first edition dtt book? That's where they are. Im afraid if a second volume were attempted it would get muddy real quick.

Tried to remember when I joined here. Seems like forever but it turns out to be only 4 1/2 years. Hmmm.

Tim said:
Some of the others you mentioned are in the Toronto area and I see them from time to time, and DrJ is on often - he still holds the record for the most accumulated time online, so he's here a lot!

I assumed Vonyizzer broke my record long ago!

Some reasons old members are gone:

All the girls bailed when members started posting nudies and pinups. Girls don't play that game.

Members bought new bikes and realized how wonderful it is to own a bike that starts and runs with one push of a button. And vintage bikes, forever cool, are a tremendous waste of time and money if mechanical skills are not up to snuff.

Find other interests – life beyond motorcycles.

Jumped the café bandwagon to hop on the bobber bandwagon.

DTT has grown too large and lost it's neighbourly feel. Too many people who view DTT as a resource and not a community. People who sign up, post a question asking for help with a problem and when they get an answer, quickly disappear.

Tim said:
I come here for Swag's avatars.

+1 To Swag's avatars! To the other stuff:

I too hate the drama showing up. I got pointed to this site about a year ago, and I have to say this has been the only forum I've enjoyed being at since I started going to forums many years ago. Many of the members here are really helpful, and I've used the search function MANY TIMES!! haha. This forum helped me get started doing something I love. I bought a good welder and plan on being here for many years to come. Tim, thanks for all you do around here, I noticed the difference here and actually donated because of it. So I'll leave the drama to the wayside and just say thanks to everyone here. Without this place, I wouldn't be as happy as I am building my bike and helping people I meet along the way.

Back
Top Bottom