Need help on picking a bike

2Stroke

5 months a year I'm fast, the other 7 I'm cold!
Adding a 4th bikee to the stable and have it down to a 1977 Kawasaki KZ650 (running), and a 1983 Suzuki GS850 (needs carbs cleaned, was running two years ago), can get both around the $500 or less mark, both are bone stock, both will need tires. I'll be using the bike for fun riding back and forth from work (all stop and go city) something I am ok with sitting out in the rain while I'm working. The KZ has a better power to weight ratio and would be an all round lighter bike, I'm not sure I like the weight of the GS shaft drive. So if it was your choice what would you pick?

If I do go with the KZ the plan is to leave it mostly stock except the rear end and the bar setup, leaning towards this flat seat and bar setup, keeping the stock airbox and side panels though.

Attachments

• _a8i3599seleccionaltas_detalle.jpg
    _a8i3599seleccionaltas_detalle.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 134
Obviously, either one would be a solid choice. 8)

For me I go where my emotions lead me and, in my case, that would be to the 650. Only 'cause I'm a Kawi Guy though. For me, it's a lot harder when there's no emotion. :p

Good luck! ;D

The fact that you put up a pic of a modded KZ and not the other says you're leaning towards that bike. Go with your gut I reckon.

Ya I think you are right, I know the KZ has been stored indoors as well the GS I am not so sure about.

Well it is prepped and ready for me to paint what ever color I want as well which is a plus.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom