dual front disk brakes cb450

i recently picked up a 1974 cb450.This is my 4th build and I want to go for a real custom look as well as increase the performance of the bike.Is there a late model bike with dual disk brakes where the the whole triple tree and forks can be mated to a 1974 cb450 frame.If so do you know what neck bearings to use?

cbr600 is a bolt on but a lot different look and the front wheel is very different looking

If you want to stick with vintage, you can find an older 750 setup and use most of the parts and build a dual front brake system. Some of the 750s came from the factory that way.

As is, that's added weight on a bike that makes around 45 hp stock. That's not adding performance that's just adding more for it to push around. Work can be done to the stock system to make them stop better like changing MC's to better units, changing to braided lines, and retrofitting better calipers.

Arent the 450 and the 750 lower legs the same......
so you can put a second brake on the same way. Its a well documented swap.

GL1000 front end will work too. Dual calipers and alloy rim.

A "modern" front end is dumb in my opinion. ruins the balance of the bike and i have yet to see someone actually install one that improves the performance in any way, nor have i ever seen someone do the proper math to install the front end.

That's what I was talking about surffly, I've thought about doing that same swap to my 450, there's just a lot of fiddly parts you have to run down to get it all to work but they do exist.

I do know that depending on what type of front end you have you must make sure you get the same parts. They changed the styles of forks and brakes at around 71-72. The brakes and fork internals are completely different.

What parts to track down?

Get another stock caliper and bracket.
Add the disk and a few small spacers.

Only thing that is fiddly is modifying the speedo drive.

Back
Top Bottom