What just happened here?

Disliked23

Been Around the Block
I'm kinda new to ebay, since I never had any reason to buy anything there til I got my bike, but this seemed weird to me. I just got another tank for my bike with petcock for 11 bucks. Not even half a page down, the same tank, minus small dent (I'm gonna practice hammering some knee indents anyway) sold for $103. Am I missing something here? Did I just get ripped off? Am I gonna get a box of rocks in the mail? No rust either. Weird.

You got lucky! How is the sellers feedback? Let us know how it turns out.

It was like 98% positive. I just can't believe that someone who was bidding on the tank for $103 bucks couldn't see the tank LITERALLY a quarter page above it for ten bucks. Oh well. Now, hammer the crap out of it? Or cut it up and make a seat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CB450-1970-1973-GASTANK_W0QQitemZ260378696465QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260378696465&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A13|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Like Tim said, you got lucky.

I'll give you $12 for the little latch that holds the gas cap down, if it's not broken. :)

CC

Ummm. So Apparently I'm going to turn into a bike junkyard, cause I just picked up a titled (albeit a little wrecked) 1971 cb450 AND a brand new headlight that hasn't been installed yet for wait for it...................$20.

I don't have room for all this stuff!

Does the collecting part of this addiction ever stop?

In case anyone was curious, got the tank today. Damn good condition, tiny tiny dent, and working petcock attached. Couldn't believe it. So now I have four tanks, all in good condition. What to do, what to do. Hey did you need just the latch? The tank I got doesn't have the locking one, it's the one they released before the recall that doesn't lock.

Disliked23 said:
In case anyone was curious, got the tank today. Damn good condition, tiny tiny dent, and working petcock attached. Couldn't believe it. So now I have four tanks, all in good condition. What to do, what to do. Hey did you need just the latch? The tank I got doesn't have the locking one, it's the one they released before the recall that doesn't lock.

That's the one I need. The old one, you push the tab with your thumb and the cap pops open.

CC

Disliked23 said:

Hey Disliked,

Did you decide if you can part with that 450 gas cap latch ?

Thanks man, CC

For someone who wants a perfect tank, a minimum of $100 is pretty much what it takes. Less picky folks like you get the deals. For instance- does that frame you bought come with a title?

CCRider said:
Like Tim said, you got lucky.

I'll give you $12 for the little latch that holds the gas cap down, if it's not broken. :)

CC

Hey CC, you can get that latch from Charlotte Honda (off Freedom drive) for about $15 bucks brand new!! I had to get one for my 200 build!

hecklejk said:
Hey CC, you can get that latch from Charlotte Honda (off Freedom drive) for about $15 bucks brand new!! I had to get one for my 200 build!

Thanks, I'll check it out.

CC

Back
Top Bottom