Something to think about

thebronze

Coast to Coast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Foper%2Eru%2Fnews%2F&feature=player_embedded

Copyright Hitler Productions 2009.

Ooooooh, churches are turning into mosques.... ooooh, fear the Islamic people.

Final line in the video:

"As believers, we call upon you to join the effort to share the gospel message with the changing world - this is a call to action"

Talk about fear mongering. Borders on hate literature - but they've done their legal homework I guess to just skirt the laws and rules to keep this thing on YouTube.

it is interesting, but i'd like to get the facts checked

looks like a call to produce more christian babies....... i like the idea of tryin too make more babies but i can't help out on the religulous part ;D

The numbers are probably fairly accurate. It's well known that the Canadian birthrate is at a record low. Canada actually has a negative birthrate, the number of babies born today will decrease the population. Immigration does prop up the number of citizens. And yes, immigration of Muslims has increased greatly. I have no issues with the moderate Muslims who have adopted the western way of life but I'm not a big fan of hardcore traditional Muslims, the ones that demand special treatment like prayer rooms in their place of employment, halal meats served in public schools, or refusal to remove burkas for identification purposes. Hardcore Muslims are misogynist, intolerant and look down on us infidels. I don't think any of us would be enjoying what we are doing here if we lived in a Muslim state. I know for sure there wouldn't be any females riding cafe bikes or any bikes for that matter. And I'm not apologizing for coming across as unCanadian.

Honestly, The thing that concerns me most is the fact that religion has this much power over people. Every faction of religion seems to want to draw a line in the sand and say "right chaps, Cross this line and your a heathen" I just wish we could be one big happy family... But that wont happen until everyone can stop being so igronant. Sry to anyone who is actually religious on this site, I have no intention to bash anyone, thats just my 2 cents.

Blanket statements in general show ignorance because they attempt to simplify very complex subjects like religion, politics, and social science. My .02

I think this is an interesting video and something to think about. I am not particulary religious and don't fear those of other faiths, but I don't want my culture to disappear either. I live in Utah where the fertility rate has been 25% higher than the national average for atleast the last 50 years. Women here get pregnant younger and have more children over the course of their lives than other parts of the country. With only 30% of pregnancies unplanned compared to a national average of 50%, the low rate of unintentional pregnancies suggests the reasons for high fertility rate is psychological or cultural; the LDS Church.

I am not Mormon but I am a conservative. I do feel the lack of other races, religions and cultures here makes for a bland society. But I'll put up with the Mormon Oppression (lack of separation between church and state and the watered down beer) if it means the ideals I grew up with remain true for my childern and grandchildren.

Wow... Does it make me ignorant or callous if I don't care about the muslims coming to take over the world? That video is terrible.

I think this is a funny topic for discussion here considering this information:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/27/psa-report-says-motorcycle-seats-not-responsible-for-impotence/

although it says 'not responsible' if you read the actual article, it's alittle more grey than that. :eek:

Our grandparents grew up in a time where government run racism and oppression were widespread and normal (not saying it still isn't, it's just done to fewer groups)... and the unofficial stuff was worse (understatement)... ideals and values change over the years, usually for the better... so I say let my children take my tollerance and expand on it.

BTW as a little backgrond (fwiw)... I was born to a brown muslim father, a white united mother (they were born that way anyway) and I have studied with rabbi and attended synagogue more than anything else for study and friends's events... but I am an athiest.

DrJ said it well.

I teach Muslims English at a university everyday. They are great, great people overall. In my opinion, the radical muslim ideals are fuct, yes. But to think that in 30 years patriotic Americans and 2nd and 3rd generation Canadians will roll over and strip women of their rights, eat Halal meals, etc. is just crazy. Same goes for Europeans. So 1 in 6 people are Muslim, big deal. Can you see Deer Hunter with Burt wearing a Hijab on his head?? :eek:

*and i didnt mean you have to be 2nd or 3rd gen to be a true canadian...just clarifying that

This is a complex/sensitive issue because you can't discuss culture without considering ethnicity and religion. It also doesn't address whether the immigration is legal, which is a whole new debate regardless of race/religion. I was most interested in how birthrate effects culture in relation to the microcosm that I live in.

Personally, I don't care what my neighbor looks like, how he prays, who he sleeps with or whether or not he eats meat; just as long I have the opportunity to excercise the personal liberties of my choice. I think that's why most immigrants to North America are here, pursuing "The American Dream" (is there a Canadian equivalent to our saying?). But if there's another intention, then you have to be suspect.

Back
Top Bottom