72 CB750 runs on its own power!

jonescafe72

Been Around the Block
So, after selling my old exhaust, buying a new one, one trip to the bike shop for exhaust gaskets, another trip for inline fuel filters, and yet another for fork oil, I finally took her for her maiden voyage around the block! The clutch needs alot of adjustment, and one of my floats needs adjustment as it pours gas out of the overflow tube. However, since this bike has only been started 3 times in the last month, and had sat since 1975, I'm super stoked. As soon as I can work out some of the smaller issues, I'll take her down for inspection and get her tagged. Hopefully I can get some good pics of her soon, and put them on the "before and after" thread.

Sweet man.....way to revive that puppy! Maybe update this post telling when you add to the before and after thread

Awesome! Weird about this "inspection" thing. Are there a lot of states that do that? I don't think my state gives a crap either way...

Disliked23 said:
Awesome! Weird about this "inspection" thing. Are there a lot of states that do that? I don't think my state gives a crap either way...

depends....i know autos here in ohio get inspected when the tags are changed to ohio from whatever state. Bikes get the VIN numbers inspected if from out of state.

It currently has a non-highway title. Before it can be tagged, it has to have an inspection. I think it is to make sure that it meets all applicable safety regulations. If the bike came with turn signals, it has to currently have working turn signals, etc. The only thing I am worried about is my brake light. It is a Sparto replica, and even though it has LEDs, it is still pretty small. I guess if I have to change it, I will to pass, and then switch back.

jonescafe72 said:
It currently has a non-highway title. Before it can be tagged, it has to have an inspection. I think it is to make sure that it meets all applicable safety regulations. If the bike came with turn signals, it has to currently have working turn signals, etc. The only thing I am worried about is my brake light. It is a Sparto replica, and even though it has LEDs, it is still pretty small. I guess if I have to change it, I will to pass, and then switch back.

you can pick up a cheap trailer light to use for the inspection or reinspection depending on how it goes. I am using one for my permanent tailight

yeah i picked up a 6 dollar trailer light from advance auto and fabbed up a bracket for it. works like a charm.

brewtown16 said:
yeah i picked up a 6 dollar trailer light from advance auto and fabbed up a bracket for it. works like a charm.

yeah i had doubts when i bought mine but it worked out great!

Back
Top Bottom