DTT Photo Scavenger Hunt, Interactive Play Along,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S Majure said:
LOL I'm stuck in the convention center where I work having to listen to carolers and I just saw a Santa!! I'm not on my bike though.
I spent two years as a Sous Chef in the banquet kitchen at the Vista International Hotel in Pittsburgh. I remember I averaged 75 hours a week between Halloween and New Years. My memories are a roller coaster ride of great accomplishments and near disaster on a daily basis.

trek97 said:
heck, I gave em a reason to get out and find cute girls...and apparently nobody was into that either!
Yea, but to be honest, finding an attractive first generation immigrant, that's willing to pose provacatively on your bike, is kinda a tall order.
I had something lined up, but rain nixed the plan :(

I'm working on a Santa angle. I guess we'll see ;)

Garage Rat said:
over a month and a half ago here.
We had a freakishly long fall...I've never had the privilege of riding in December before.

Ringo said:
We had a freakishly long fall...I've never had the privilege of riding in December before.

I've ridden quite a few December days when its into the 40's and sunny. This year we're in the mid 50's in Ohio but it's always raining. I'm not that adventurous..

High today is in the mid 70's and sunny :p
I'm going out to finish the workshop floor and then hang Christmas lights. I'm gonna try and get the bike out this afternoon.

lstuckey1 said:
I've ridden quite a few December days when its into the 40's and sunny. This year we're in the mid 50's in Ohio but it's always raining. I'm not that adventurous..
I'd be fine if all we got was rain! In western Montana, we usually have permanent snowpack from November through March. It's depressing; I think warmer climates are starting to call my name.

I rode here and I rode there.... Alas, No Santa. after all he likes the cold...
Then again, I'm not just on the bad list. I wrote the bitch.

A blow up Santa would count!!!! ;D I asked the local shopping mall Santa if he would take a pic on my MC and he said yes, for $26.00, Doh!!! :eek:

lstuckey1 said:
I spent two years as a Sous Chef in the banquet kitchen at the Vista International Hotel in Pittsburgh. I remember I averaged 75 hours a week between Halloween and New Years. My memories are a roller coaster ride of great accomplishments and near disaster on a daily basis.
Sounds All too familiar........... I wish I could ditch 25 years of cooking for something else.. I am burnt out

Re: Re: DTT Photo Scavenger Hunt, Interactive Play Along,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewbacca said:
Port Fourchon roads= the suxor. Just got back from working on an oil rig for 2 weeks (contracted non-oil work) and we had to go to the port in an F-450 with 2000 lbs in the flatbed, NEVER AGAIN... Apparently, a high ranking graduate from LSU :D designed the roads, and is in charge of roadway maintenance. No place for motorcycles, that's for sure.

Actually the roads aren't that bad anymore.. Depends on which side of the bayou you are traveling on. Highway 1 yea its old as cheese. But the other side of the bayou 330 I think it is is brand new black top. And it would make for a nice ride too! But that gets you to Galliano and if you keep going it will bring you Venice aka "End of the World" which consequently highway one is called "End of the world highway". You have to take another road to pass through Golden Meadows which is a fairly new road too. And then you start driving right next to the Marsh heading to Port Fourchon and that's a new causeway bridge getting to that. And around Fourchon you have new blacktop roads cause of the amount of trucking that goes through there. I wouldn't go that far on a bike but. The first part to Galliano would make for a nice weekend ride!

I work on a offshore supply vessel out of port Fourchon so I crew change there pretty often.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well nobody got the Santa mark again so I'll set the next mark at a "Snowman". It can be a real snowman, a sign of a snowman or a blowup lawn ornament snowman.

Got it!! ;) Felt awkward stopping and snapping a photo of a stranger's house but, oh well......

I apologize for those faulking HUGE gauges hahahahaha. God I hate those things. I can't wait for my mini speedo to show up. It's in the mail 8)

The next mark is very EASY. Used the same one in another forum. So easy that even those of us freezing our nuggets off can get it done.

Here are the rules for this one. Get on your bike, ride 15 minutes in any direction. Once you've been out riding for 15 minutes (doesn't matter if you were stuck at lights or in traffic, 15minutes is 15minutes) pull over where it is safe to do so and snap a shot.

There is no official "target", just take your shot at where you are after 15 minutes of riding. Do try to at least get "something" in the background I suppose but, again, doesn't matter - no official target.

15 minutes...........snap a photo.

Hell, if you're really clever, I suppose you could go 9 minutes out and 6 minutes back and be 3 minutes from home when you take your photo. I hope you don't though ;D

The way I see it though, if we're out, might as well make it worth your while

Hope it motivates folks to get out there. It's an easy one!

Cheers!

Attachments

• mark.jpg
    mark.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 214
Nice pic. Well done! 8) As far as the next mark goes, I think you should add the requirement that you have to snap a pic of the odometer before you leave and then again after you return. A 15 min. ride should equal about 30 miles round trip........... ;D

GLENNWOOD55CAMEO said:
Nice pic. Well done! 8) As far as the next mark goes, I think you should add the requirement that you have to snap a pic of the odometer before you leave and then again after you return. A 15 min. ride should equal about 30 miles round trip........... ;D

That stinkin' snowman is like 14 feet tall. It's massive. The pic doesn't do it justice. Hahahaha

Good idea on the odometer ;D but I'll just trust that folks will actually run 15 before the shot. ;)

I hope they do at least. :mad:

Maybe just a watch pic.
15 minutes = 30 miles, means you would have to average 60mph the entire trip.

Redbird said:
Maybe just a watch pic.
15 minutes = 30 miles, means you would have to average 60mph the entire trip.

Distance doesn't matter.

15minutes...........photo.........post........done ;)

Captmilk76 said:
It's only 11 minutes... Does it count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YJ-bqa1mm4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Look at the temp
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/Captmilk/Screenshot_2012-12-13-07-58-20.png

Send from my Razr Maxx HD

You need to go re-set vid to "public"

I would have to say...11 minutes @ 29 degrees. Probably counts same as 15 minutes at 40 degrees ! freakin BRRRRR!

Back
Top Bottom