$50 mod thread

Figured I would add to this.

Sub 50 dollar Sand Blaster
Basically you need a few parts, an old propane tank, a welder, and access to the plumbing section at your local hardware store.
This is the basic design, you need these parts
60F349F7-840A-456A-94CA-3CBD69C6ACDA-10051-000004C063F1C803_zps17562a2f.jpg

and here is the finished product
B380BCD1-72B2-46ED-8A81-88728FED6D0C-10051-000004C032D3DD0D_zps5eef1963.jpg

D53B8FC5-61E7-41E9-BBF3-DE9360920D9C-10020-000004BF4B673B66_zpscdf860b3.jpg

If anyone is interested I can give you the breakdown on parts, but its pretty simple to figure out what you need.
Its a pressure pot blaster, basically you pressurize the tank with the media in it and blow air around the tank through the pipes, then the pressurized tank forces abrasive into the air stream regulated by the valve.
Works absolutely like a champ with black diamond media from TSC. (7.99 for 50lbs its WAAAY cheaper than my soda blaster)

I would guess it uses about 18 CFM at 100psi, as my compressor will shut off while using it, but it runs more often than not.

If it wht I think I is, I hope you wear a good mask or at least a filter when using black Diamond, that dust from that stuff can cut your lungs up(from what I was told) , it's silicate particles so it's not the best for you either. Just a heads up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, I wear a hood and a full respirator any time I'm blasting. I am a woodworker so not foreign to bad shit in my lungs. I learned long ago it's easier to just wear the damn respirator than to deal with Lung problems.

Awesome to hear! Yea, definitely better! Especially with the chemicals and chem mixtures they have these days!

Re: $50 mod thread - jig saw table

not sure if this counts, but i made a jig saw "table"
you can check the post in my build:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45186.msg512196#msg512196

IMG_2612_zpsc51e1163.jpg

wership said:
not sure if this counts, but i made a jig saw "table"
you can check the post in my build:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45186.msg512196#msg512196

IMG_2612_zpsc51e1163.jpg

I have done this on several occasions, quick easy bandsaw stand in!
Just be careful as the oscillating blade can grab your work piece or your had pretty quickly

i noticed it behaved a lot better when i put really light pressure on to guide the direction and let the blade do the work, rather than trying to push it through... i think with the bearings, it will be more stable, but still prone to the same grabbing (just hopefully not the hand!)

$6.00 Easy Carb Install Method.

When installing a bank of 4 carbs, I found an easy way to accomplish this. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a piece of thin guage sheet metal. ($6.00) Then cut the sheet metal onto two strips 3in. X 12in.. You then simply put the strips, one in front of the air box intake rubbers and the other in front of the intakes on the motor, in essence making a trough for the carbs to easily slide in between. You just slide the carbs in between the two sheets of metal and when the carbs are in place, just slide the metal strips out and wala!, your carbs are installed.................. ;D

Re: $6.00 Easy Carb Install Method.

GLENNWOOD55CAMEO said:
When installing a bank of 4 carbs, I found an easy way to accomplish this. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a piece of thin guage sheet metal. Then cut the sheet metal onto two strips 3in. X 12in.. You then simply put the strips, one in front of the air box intake rubbers and the other in front of the intakes on the motor, in essence making a trough for the carbs to easily slide in between. You just slide the carbs in between the two sheets of matal and when the carbs are in place, just slide the metal strips out and wala!, your carbs are installed.................. ;D

??? I need a vid on this. :eek:

Well, sorry, but I'm not going to pull the carbs off again just to make a video to convince you but just think about it. The principal here is to set it up to slide into place without damaging the air box boots. The two pieces of sheet metal provided a channel for the carbs to slide in. It worked slicker than snot. They slid right into place with no fuss. Took 10 min to install the carbs....................... 8)

Are you just Reeeeeeeally trying to hit that 100 posts as fast as possible haha?

Stainless steel "stepless" clamps for carb boots.

Seals better than factory and those stupid worm drive ones.
They are thin enough to work very well in all applications

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/oetiker.php

Back
Top Bottom