"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Duchat said:
Have no idea what this is or what its worth. Sure is pretty.
That is a danish Nimbus. Excellent quality machines!

Tune-A-Fish said:
"Man... i was cruisin down Dixie Highway and my balls caught on fire from the pipe, I freaked out slipped of the seat and ground my junk off... :eek: :eek: :eek: :-[ :-\ :'( :'( :'(""
Dafuk u talkin bout those bikes are badazz.. takes huge hanging hairy balls to drive that shit yo

1970 CB350/CL350 Vintage Racer/Cafe Racer/Bobber/Brat Project

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/5566146488.html

snmavridis said:
1970 CB350/CL350 Vintage Racer/Cafe Racer/Bobber/Brat Project

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/5566146488.html

Maybe worth half the asking price.

o1marc said:
Maybe worth half the asking price.

That thing's worth a few hundred to the right person. Another POS that someone thinks is gold because its vintage.

adventurco said:
That thing's worth a few hundred to the right person. Another POS that someone thinks is gold because its vintage.
The only reason I gave it that much credit is the fact that it is running.

Yeah, the fact it's a running bike in atlanta is a big deal. You don't find many UJMs in atlanta, let alone running ones. So I'm sure this thing will fetch at least $700

Except that it's in Stone Mountain, a third of the way to Athens where these things are a dime a dozen. No justifying putting that price on a turd, especially anywhere in Georgia.

deviant said:
Except that it's in Stone Mountain, a third of the way to Athens where these things are a dime a dozen. No justifying putting that price on a turd, especially anywhere in Georgia.
A third of the way to Athens from where? There are really only 3 CB350's on CL in Atl. right now, all are stupid money for what they are. One is $2k for a nice stock/runner, the other 2 including this one are junk.

o1marc said:
A third of the way to Athens from where?
Hell. Where the fuck do you think? Let's say you're coming from Buckhead. It'll take you 30 min or so to get to Stone Mountain. It'll take you less than an hour and a half to get to Athens. That's about a third. Distance in an urban setting is irrelevant. I'll just pretend I haven't seen or even bought and traded several CB350s in the area for less than $300 in the last year.

deviant said:
Hell. Where the fuck do you think? Let's say you're coming from Buckhead. It'll take you 30 min or so to get to Stone Mountain. It'll take you less than an hour and a half to get to Athens. That's about a third. Distance in an urban setting is irrelevant. I'll just pretend I haven't seen or even bought and traded several CB350s in the area for less than $300 in the last year.

There are no CB350's for sale from Athens right now, so who cares how long it takes to get to where the bike isn't for sale? I agree the bike isn't worth anywhere near the asking price, but you have to start somewhere. Might be another case where he only wants $400-$500 for it, so he has to start high to have any hopes of fooling an unsuspecting buyer.

What the hell are you arguing, man? $1k is too much for a worn out cb350. The tank is lined because it's been drug from the bumper of some redneck's truck and it would leak otherwise. The seat is shot. The entire rear fender is waving to the left. The fork uppers are probably covered in rust. It's a huge project that isn't worth more than $500. The fact that it runs makes it worth more than $300. If you have to pay $1k for a POS CB350 in Atlanta, then look a little further out, because you're getting ripped off.

deviant said:
What the hell are you arguing, man? $1k is too much for a worn out cb350. The tank is lined because it's been drug from the bumper of some redneck's truck and it would leak otherwise. The seat is shot. The entire rear fender is waving to the left. The fork uppers are probably covered in rust. It's a huge project that isn't worth more than $500. The fact that it runs makes it worth more than $300. If you have to pay $1k for a POS CB350 in Atlanta, then look a little further out, because you're getting ripped off.

I'm not disagreeing with you on this worthless POS. You keep sending us to Athens where there are no CB350's for sale. All the bikes for sale in Athens are going to be in the Atl. listing also. No one said anyone was going to pay $1000 for this one and 99% of the bikes for sale in the world don't get asking price when sold.

deviant said:

You know being a redneck is an okay thing... right? ;D

I'm not saying I'd buy it, not even close. I thought this guys ad was funny and typical of what I see in the Atlanta area. I never check Athens CL but I'm also not in the market for a new motorcycle. I gotta finish the one I got.

Also always remember this: an item is only worth what some poor sap is willing to pay, whether the price is fair or not.

Tune-A-Fish said:
You know being a redneck is an okay thing... right? ;D
It absolutely is an okay thing. Although some like to distinguish themselves as being a good 'ol boy. ;)

o1marc said:
I'm not disagreeing with you on this worthless POS. You keep sending us to Athens where there are no CB350's for sale. All the bikes for sale in Athens are going to be in the Atl. listing also. No one said anyone was going to pay $1000 for this one and 99% of the bikes for sale in the world don't get asking price when sold.
I don't keep sending you to Athens. I more commonly go towards Columbia, SC or Savannah - sometimes in the direction of Macon. I was just pointing out that small displacement bikes are pretty common on the Athens CL. Because there are none today doesn't prove otherwise.

You poor XL350.... :'(

00s0s_eBq38cFROSR_600x450.jpg

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/5580624394.html

Back
Top Bottom