3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - DONE!!!

Re: 3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Frame is chopped

redahtamn said:
cool build so far bud.

how you liking the eastwood welder?

I like it... so far it's performed without a hiccup. I'm only running it on 110vAC at the moment and it still does well. I've not tried aluminum yet but that's coming. No regrets on the the welder at all.

Looks great and in my opinion you should get rid of that lowest engine mount on the backbone. Its not necessary and will clean things up a bit.

reelop19 said:
Looks great and in my opinion you should get rid of that lowest engine mount on the backbone. Its not necessary and will clean things up a bit.

I am for sure thinking about it... I need to figure out a good place for my coil and fab a mount for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Frame is chopped

Picked up parts from the coater at lunch today.
64477F2E-5C0E-4280-A11D-2BBD1F724C63_zpsl6mdmoxh.jpg

B3BE0CA2-8944-4664-AB39-AFB06A36D529_zpslxb6ytdb.jpg

Got my tires installed at lunch time today.
2F74C6B0-692E-45FF-9EE6-3669B3EA5C62_zpsuncah1qe.jpg

Re: 3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Mocking 'er up now...

Did a quick toss of the major parts onto the frame this afternoon to get an idea of what I actually have going on here... I'm shooting to fabricate the rear fender mounting bracket and struts this week... that should square the frame away.

E5B8AEC9-498C-45C5-88BA-0E3D753AC0C1_zpseoxjiuwm.jpg

So I've had a little issue with spacers for the rear wheel, I think I have what I need sourced now... I got out and turned some bungs for my rear fender struts...

I got out this weekend to get my fender mounts finished. I got the rear wheel in place but alas I need to take another link or two out of the chain before I can get the wheel in it's correct position to get those mounts fabricated... I did manage to figure out and fabricate my battery mounting.

Got my chain shortened and wheel in place finally... I got the fender cut down and drilled for bungs and the rear support tabs welded in place. I'll fabricate the rest of the fender mounts over the next couple of days.

Got my fender mount and struts finished today... I'm happy with how the fender turned out.

Very very nice setup

Got my frame back from powder coating today.

Painting my fork lowers today... Base coat is on. A couple of shots of 2k clear coming up.

I did not want to rebuild them, they are functioning well so it's paint rather than powder... I had no inclination to polish them either.
yru6u4y2.jpg

Forks assembled today. New needle bearings in the neck, powder coated the risers. I'll fit the caliper later...

I modified the rear caliper bracket by welding a brake stay tab to the opposite side. Then I lopped off the original stay tabs. I have tab welded to the bottom of the frame. I wanted the rear caliper mounted swung on the bottom. Getting the rear wheel mounted is next... Or should I do the motor, then the rear wheel? Hmm... Motor still needs to be beautified.

3DogNate's XS650 Bobber - Mocking 'er up now...

I got the engine mounted (need to polish the covers, the stuff that gets painted are painted though.)
Also got the rear master cylinder and brake pivot installed. (Need some shorter bolts for the linkage, I know)

Right side linkage is fabricated. I need to paint the tube still. You can see in the second photo how I've modified the rear caliper sow that it swings low instead of having to run it up high.

Back
Top Bottom