1975 CL360 Cafe project (Completed for now!)

AimSmall

Been Around the Block
Here's how it looked when I brought it home.
d3e08172.jpg

And progress so far.
79d03291.jpg

Tank is from a CB550, 1974 I believe. I have 2 other tanks on order so it might get changed and paint will be redone regardless of which tank I choose to use.

I'm kinda liking the 550 tank right now so... FOR SALE $60 + shipping
CE6vlzBmkKGrHqJlIE1FwGctTmBNTdCkknQ_12.jpg

List of things done so far.

Chopped the headers with a hack saw and installed some 1.5"x4" baffles.
Added a new battery and rebuilt the carbs.
New clutch cable and new spark plug caps added.
Removed rear fenders and lights.
Inspiration
nfl7px-1.jpg

Re: 1975 CL360 Cafe project

Some progress this weekend, Got the clip ons, levers, switches and rear sets going, still alot more work to do but it looks different now. Cleaned up the frame a bit. Removed wiring, battery/box as well as the starter and its clutch/gears/chain. Getting ready to start doing some fabrication.

gunsandbikes056.jpg

gunsandbikes051.jpg

gunsandbikes057.jpg

gunsandbikes058.jpg

Just wanted to ad a picture of me and my kid.
002-1.jpg

And just her, she loves helping me fix the bikes.
004-1.jpg

Here's her and her bike, I think it's her first love.
ed3ea8c1.jpg

Yeah, we shred.
d25d98ae.jpg

CB350 Tank is now for sale $60 + shipping, it won't fit my bike with out moving the coils or modding the hell out of the tank. I'm going to run the 550 tank for sure now.

CE6vlzBmkKGrHqJlIE1FwGctTmBNTdCkknQ_12.jpg

Jerry Too bad about the tanks man. No luck eh? the 550 tank is killer. I like the flames hopefully you keep them. I cant wait too get the blue and white 350 tank. ;D You'll have no prob getting ride of this tank. Awesome pics with your daughter!!!

Thanks man, I hope the tank works out for you, I have a feeling it will fit if your bikes a 350 just cuz this last tanks from a 350 and seems to be about the same dimensions as the one you bought from me.

added progress pics in post #2.
I think I'm going to have to do something different with the exhaust because with the rear sets the exhaust would be blasting my leg the whole time. I really like the way the exhaust looks now but it's probably not going to work like that. Anyone have any pics of your exhaust solutions?

Bump for exhaust question and new pics added of the seat I'm working on.

First, the seat is looking killer. As far as the pipes go, you could wrap them or scrap them. That's about the only two options I can imagine. I'm guessing the rearsets expose the inner thigh more, due to a more agressive angle? Might just pull them in and forward a bit. If you go the scrap 'em route VonYinzer is looking for some stock cl pipes, I believe. Might PM him about a trade or something.

Cheers
-Daniel

Thanks!

I'm actually considering cutting the back "bubble" off the seat to make it a little longer, I'm worried it looks too much like a ball instead of a bullet. What do you guys think?

that 550 is brilliant! Did you buy it with that paint already on it, or have you done that yourself? :D

Bought it like that, Considering repainting it down the road but I do like it the way it is too.

What do you think, should I chop the back of the seat and make it a bit longer? Here's some pics with the taillight mounted , I'm thinking the tail should cover about half of the red lens instead of having it stick out like this.

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

I like the light sticking out a bit, looks really retro. I'm digging the shape of the bumpstop for the same reason.

Not much a fan of the flames though. Don't hate 'em, just not my thing.

I had to chop it and re-do it, I just didn't like the "ball" that had formed at the back and the taillight sticking out like that was bugging me too. Here's the way it sits now. I'm way happier with this now.

011-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

Got the carbs (mikuni VM32's), manifolds, filters, throttle, cables and polished stainless bolt kit today 8)
I ran out of gas for the welder yesterday so I'm stuck on the seat project until I can get to the welding supply shop on Friday.
001-3.jpg

Seat is just about done, it still needs sheet metal on the little corners by the tailight. I'm planning on bringing it up to Kott motorcycles up in Newhall CA this Friday to get it upholstered.
Here's some pice of the seat being built and the finished frame/shell.

006-3.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom