1975 CL360 Cafe project (Completed for now!)

Re: 1975 CL360 Cafe project

did you get used intake boots or is there somewhere you can get them new? mine are cracking pretty bad.

Mine are the mikuni ones, Sudco sells them they have 8mm holes though so you'll also need some shoulder bolts with a 8mm shoulder and 6mm threads

I know I said it was done but I had to cut it on the front part and make it a bit smaller, it was sticking out a little too much on the sides next to the tank and it just looked too tall. Here's the final product.

Before the cut...
015-2.jpg

After...
final6.jpg

final1.jpg

Re: 1975 CL360 Cafe project (Seat fabrication completed)

Haha, I was wondering about that man, thought you had some HUGE gnards to protect or something. Looks much better now, good work!

LOL ;D , normal sized gnards, just first time building seat is all, trial and error ya know.

That seat looks bad ass. Great work so far. Definitely want to see this thing finished.

Juggernaut said:
That seat looks bad ass. Great work so far. Definitely want to see this thing finished.

Thanks man, upholstery should be done before next weekend on the seat and I'm working on finishing up my linkage for the shifter side rear set and got my kick stand welded on in it's new location tonight. I'm hoping to get the wiring, electronics and battery box going this weekend but I need to mount my new carbs and filters (waiting on shoulder bolts) first so I know how much space and where etc etc. It might be a little while before she's on the road but the goal is to be cruising this summer then tear down for paint and body this winter.

Thanks for the update. Good luck with everything. Some day I hope to learn the welding trade as well. I saw the video links and that is great motivation. The guy just wings it in a relaxed but educated manner and make everything just work. Looks like you managed to do the same as well.

are you kidding me? That is some kick ass fabrication right there....

oohsam said:
are you kidding me? That is some kick ass fabrication right there....

Thanks guys, I spent alot of time building this seat, much more then it would take Dustin Kott but it was my first one and I'm sure the next one will go a little faster. I'm off to Kott's tomorrow morning to drop off the seat for upholstery!

Carbs installed, still need to fit cable though.

001-5.jpg

do you have a part number for those intake boots? i'm looking at my mikuni catalog and i'm thinking it's m-vm-34-200k, order no. 002-053

is that what you've got?

thanks!

what gage sheet metal did you run on the seat?

Johnny, I haven't had a chance to check yet, I'll try to get to it tonight.

Stript, it's 20 gauge and 1/4" round bar stock.

cool thanks . I know Dustin .when i saw the welding i thought you where him. Butt then again that guy would never join a forum he is to bzzy building bikes and drinking budwisser lol. what tool did you use to bend the rod?

Nice. You tackled that seat fairly well. I take it it wasent your first time welding. I just bought the harbor freight 90amp mig welder butt my welds keep coming out like bird droppings. I spoke with my gramps he said 90 amps is not enough to heat the metal. I need to look in to a better welding system .

stript.714 o/c said:
Nice. You tackled that seat fairly well. I take it it wasent your first time welding. I just bought the harbor freight 90amp mig welder butt my welds keep coming out like bird droppings. I spoke with my gramps he said 90 amps is not enough to heat the metal. I need to look in to a better welding system .

Actually, I've done very little welding before this, you need to use solid core .030 or maybe even .023 wire with gas shielding, flux core will always look like crap.

Hopefully I'll see the seat tomorrow, I made an electronics compartment and started making the wiring harness. Also started making a battery tray. Pics will be up tomorrow.

Back from upholstery today! Thank you Dustin Kott!

001-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom