Re: Rachels Can-Am 600, Movin’ on up...

Re: 78 CB400A for Rachel

Does it come in a can?
Was it put there by a man?
In a factory........

If I had my little way, I'd eat Peaches everyday, fuck now that is stuck in my head LOL

Maritime said:
If I had my little way, I'd eat Peaches everyday, fuck now that is stuck in my head LOL

OMG I forgot I did that at lunch time. LOLOL

I got the goods baby. Ill get em started soaking first thing in the a.m. Checking them at 12 hours.

Rach just said "Xylene is a really strong solvent, and she cant imagine it NOT melting rubber." So maybe I should check every 3 hours???

Listen to her, wives know stuff. I was just poking through old parts I have some carb bits and other cm stuff. I have a good head and cam etc should you need. It would be yours for shipping cost. I have some peg brackets and othe stuff. My wife would love it to be mailed away lol.

I've read about a guy keeping parts in that stuff for 6 months and it was totally unharmed.

Maritime said:
Listen to her, wives know stuff. I was just poking through old parts I have some carb bits and other cm stuff. I have a good head and cam etc should you need. It would be yours for shipping cost. I have some peg brackets and othe stuff. My wife would love it to be mailed away lol.

these handlebars and turn signal stems are pretty rough. The battery tray is pretty rusted but I believe its solid and just needs blasting and epoxy. If you got a cdi, I would really be interested in having a working spare on the shelf.

Im not going to plan on working to make her pretty til this winter. But parts is parts.

Xylol

Funny stuff.

I know they use it in some permanent markers.

Get some Alfoil onto those crusty chrome parts. It cleans them up well enough for a small time.

irk miller said:
I've read about a guy keeping parts in that stuff for 6 months and it was totally unharmed.

Cool, but I plan on riding her sooner than that. ;)
Rach is a Histology technician in the lab. Shes pretty knowledgable about these chemical things.

Brodie said:
Xylol

Funny stuff.

I know they use it in some permanent markers.

Get some Alfoil onto those crusty chrome parts. It cleans them up well enough for a small time.

Thanks bud. Hows thing in the land down under? Did you get your new shop all buttoned up?

trek97 said:
Cool, but I plan on riding her sooner than that. ;)
Rach is a Histology technician in the lab. Shes pretty knowledgable about these chemical things.
Well, just for reference I taught Material Science at Temple University for 5 years. ;)

irk miller said:
Well, just for reference I taught Material Science at Temple University for 5 years. ;)

I watched a youtube video last week. ;D

trek97 said:
Thanks bud. Hows thing in the land down under? Did you get your new shop all buttoned up?

Going well where I am. Been out riding with a few blokes from work.
The Shop is nearly done. Just a few things outside and a few more storage shelves inside to go. Ohh and an exploded Virago to put back together.

I don't quite move at the pace that you have been with this build!

Brodie said:
Going well where I am. Been out riding with a few blokes from work.
The Shop is nearly done. Just a few things outside and a few more storage shelves inside to go. Ohh and an exploded Virago to put back together.

I don't quite move at the pace that you have been with this build!

Nice. Are you in warm weather most of the year...or looking at a cold winter coming soon?

Best for me to strike while the irons hot. If I loose my momentum on a project. Sometimes its hard for me to re-motivate myself. And I can tend to start putting things on the back burner....forever. :p

Now just waiting for Tim my tire guy to call me back.

11494-220318054705-35222032.png

trek97 said:
Nice. Are you in warm weather most of the year...or looking at a cold winter coming soon?

It is warm most of the year here. We are coming into the "colder" months but it never really get a cold here. The coldest it gets is 45f in the dead of night. Most days are around 65f-70f.

So all year riding season if you can cope with the 90% humidity at 100f.

Brodie said:
It is warm most of the year here. We are coming into the "colder" months but it never really get a cold here. The coldest it gets is 45f in the dead of night. Most days are around 65f-70f.

So all year riding season if you can cope with the 90% humidity at 100f.

Thats some nice weather. 8) Yup, I can deal w hot and humid, too.

A pretty decent morning.

Fresh Orings and floats in carbs so now they are 100%.

11494-220318054705-35231242.png

Cleaned connections, installed new flasher.

11494-220318054706-3524109.png

11494-220318054706-35251148.png

Fresh shoes

11494-220318054706-35262390.png

Started caliper. Compressor made easy work of it. Forgot to order the pads. ARGH! ;D
Time for shower, brunch and a nap.
Then I will get her cleaned up and back together.

11494-220318054706-3527363.png

11494-220318054706-35281783.png

Back
Top Bottom