trying to match Mikuni BS34 on a xs400

honda53rider

77 XS400,73 SL350, 73 RD350
Hey guys iv been working on this old xs400 that has Mikuni BS34's. So im having a good friend get the bike in running shape and he is having some trouble with the carbs. From everything that i have seen i have 2 Mikuni BS34's on my bike but one looks like it is stock to the bike and one looks like it is off a later model xs400. They are almost identical and the only thing that i have seen that differs between the two carbs is the way the float valve seat is held to the carb. So here is the question Do i need to get a new set of matching carbs or will the two carbs work on the bike?

Here is a pic of the carbs The circled one is the one that looks to be off a newer bike I believe off a 82 xs400

IMG_3235-1.jpg

IMG_3239-1.jpg

Another thing is the fuel air screw on top of the carbs

IMG_3300-1.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys this forum is the only thing that has gotten me this far!

Ok well i found a set of cheep Mikuni BS34's that came off a 1980 xs650 for $40 from a friend of my dads. Every thing iv read has said that they will work on my bike but im still crossing my fingers that they will fit. I will let yall know if they do!

Back
Top Bottom