Honda CB550 four.. single carb.

teazer said:
But isn't this thread about a single carb conversion?

Haha thats what I thought too, but no worries, still learning other things =) Not to jinx it, but it hasn't turned political or racist yet so I am happy....

In a prime "Do as I say, and not as I do" move.

Bought this for my CB550 powered chopper.
_571_zps32fyhsbp.jpg

Posa billed this as a "fuel injector"
But it is not. just a super basic carb. No bowl though, so they leak and are a pain to use.
Small aircraft guys have actually used then with good success, and period drag racers ran them.
But it goes without saying that the issues a drag racer would be willing to deal with are different then the ones a guy on the street would want.

Posa made a bunch of different set ups for the SOHC Honda family. Have seen singles, twins and even a quad set up.
They were not the first, but probably the most well known. Lake Injector being up there too.
All the guys running single or dual mikunis are using the same basic manifolds, but to be fair there aren't a million ways to make a manifold.

I have run a twin set up.
DSCN1819_zps24a65bff.jpg

Was mostly just for the "WTF" factor.

To put some of my comments into context before.
I am not against changing carbs, or even about just messing around with something that is different for the sake of fun.
Just don't like to see people that are having a hard time working with the stock components see these swaps as either a performance increase, or somehow simpler. With the OEM set up you gain the engineering that went into them, and a HUGE base of people that have run them, know then and all the manuals and parts ones heart could desire. Once off the reservation things change.

Back
Top Bottom