240z and 300zx

rat_ cxn

Been Around the Block
im currently doing up a 240z its on a rotissery with the body work almost completed
its getting big willwod brakes big rims and an l28 turbo that will be putting out around 350rwhp
here are some pics

000_0115.jpg

100_1981.jpg

this is the motor in its stock form. It will get a whole new lease of life real soon
023.jpg

i have done a whole lot of body work to this car
there are to many pictures to post up tonight. this is where the car stands right now. there is about 3 days worth of work left in the body work before i will start preparing it for paint
006-8.jpg

this is my daily ride wich i am slowly adding improvements to with out the girl friend knowing ;D ;D
Its a 1988 z31 300zx turbo
001-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

i added this head unit yesterday shhhhh dont tell any one ;D
023.jpg

Love the 240, that's my dream car, would love to get one down the road. The S30 is the nicest looking car to me, beautiful. Sounds like its going to be a beast.

the rims on the 300zx scream rice! come on brother. you have better taste than that! ;)

two great cars... love it!

hey man they where free and look a dam site better than the origonals
perhaps if i paingt the centers black it would race them up a bit ;)

rat_ cxn said:
hey man they where free and look a dam site better than the origonals
perhaps if i paingt the centers black it would race them up a bit ;)

hell, cant beat free!

i say black center and lip to break it up a bit. should look way better than full on chrome.

I would actually rather a set of pansport, Watanabe's or rotor rb which are different brands of the same thing. I think thats what i will be putting on the 240z

Z-cars rock! even better when they were Datsun's instead of Nissans.
I remeber a body package for the early 240, 260, 280 that made them look like ferrari's think it was called the "Alpha"?
Always thought of doing one, with a line up of webers on the engine. ;D

yeh you can get a kit to make them look almost identical to a ferrari gto 250. But i wouldnt do it. they look perfect in there natural design
Before you say but you have added flared arches. the 240zg came with these flares

yeh I am trying to hunt down a 5 speed for it as we speak. Unfortunately the 1988 californian never came out as a manual in australia.

well its off the rotisserie with all the suspension in. Now i can roll it in and ouy the shed.
Its starting to reach the final stages of the body work so i will be taking it to work real soon to start laying down some paint

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

i finished off the rear slam panel
It turned out prttey good.
I had to fabricate i far amount of the section under the slam panel because it was rusted right out

Next is time to fix the rusty hatch. I am not looking forward to this because it is quite bad

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

YOU SNAGGED A SKYLINE MOTOR!!!!! WOW... man i remember the first time is saw a Skyline in the states... i got out at the stop light to take a picture next to it!

they are extramural common over here in australia I had an r32 a few years ago and my boss had a gtr a friend of mine has a r33 gtr with 700 rwhp. it is ridiculously fast

Yeah, you're lucky. You don't have to go through any of the bullshit import/legalization stuff that we have to deal with here in the states, do you...

What are your plans for the motor?

Back
Top Bottom