Full face or open face?

Wondering what everyone uses for helmets?

• Full Face

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Open Face

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad you came out (relatively) Ok. When friends ask if my mesh gear is hot in the summer, I ask if they've ever slid on asphalt.

Someone needs to take these FULL FACE helmets off my hands. Three Bell Bullitt Helmets for sale NEW!

I have three Bell Bullitt helmets that I need to sell. They are all new in the box, never ridden in or sweatted in. I only tried on one of them for size. Long story short I ordered these, the two Larges for me and the Medium for my wife and none of them fit. They are all new in the box and in perfect condition.

Large Bullitt RSD CARBON in White and Gold pictured here. Paid $599 asking $500 shipped to the lower 48. http://www.bellhelmets.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/u/bullitt-carbon_rsd-mojo-white-gold.png

Large Bullitt Matte CARBON pictured here. This one has the bubble shield. Paid $599 asking $500 shipped to the lower 48.

MEDIUM Bullitt (this one is not carbon) White with red and blue stripes. Paid $399 asking $300 shipped to the lower 48.
http://www.bellhelmets.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/u/bullitt_stripes-pearl-white_1.png

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edotheton%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D70891%2Emsg832355%23msg832355&share_tid=70891&share_fid=9366&share_type=t&share_pid=832355

Yeah Son!

where the helmets to big or to small for you and your wife? id be interested in 1 of them if i could figure out which would fit me

IShruGs said:
where the helmets to big or to small for you and your wife? id be interested in 1 of them if i could figure out which would fit me
Medium is 7 1/8 - 7 1/4
Large is 7 1/4 - 7 3/8

Just measure your head circumference just above your brow with a tailors tape measure, or go to a hat store and try on some fitted hats and see what fits you best.

Yeah Son!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-shapes.htm

The above may be helpful to someone. I don't know how updated it is. I have a long oval head and my size is XL. There are many XL helmets that do not fit me, even though they are the correct size. I had a shorty that always blew to the back of my head (may not have protected me in that accident). I've had full face helmets that put so much pressure on my forehead that I couldn't tolerate more than minutes.

No question, full face helmet for me at all times. never go anywhere without one. in fact, I always try and replace my helmet every couple years with the newest and safest models. Just sold my Bell RS-1 (which I really liked) and updated with an Arai Corsair X Kenny Roberts replica helmet. Snell 2015 rated. Cost me a fortune, but my brains and face are worth it.

0008182_arai-rx-7v-kenny-roberts_300.jpeg

Can I talk about my years as a firefighter/paramedic?

People ask me "how can you wear that full face helmet, jacket, gloves and boots in this heat?" I let them know that my gear let me get through two not at fault get offs with only a sore back and slight knee injury, where I tagged it on the bars as I went over them.

Do you want me to tell you the stories of people that went down at 20mph and I had to hose their blood, blood clots, and brain matter into the sewer with a line off the truck? The people that lost their teeth and sustained a head injury but were otherwise ok? Helmets save lives and full face helmets save your face, your ability to talk, eat and breathe.

runmikeyrun said:
Can I talk about my years as a firefighter/paramedic?

People ask me "how can you wear that full face helmet, jacket, gloves and boots in this heat?" I let them know that my gear let me get through two not at fault get offs with only a sore back and slight knee injury, where I tagged it on the bars as I went over them.

Do you want me to tell you the stories of people that went down at 20mph and I had to hose their blood, blood clots, and brain matter into the sewer with a line off the truck? The people that lost their teeth and sustained a head injury but were otherwise ok? Helmets save lives and full face helmets save your face, your ability to talk, eat and breathe.

yup, what he said.

I use an Arai Chaser V full face, a full face helmet saved my face in 1985, so I'll stick with them, but other people can ride with what ever helmet they feel is best for them.

Though exploring Crete helmet less before they had helmet laws was great.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Hows the Guz 8)

The Guzzi is totaled. On a positive note, I'm not. The frame is a pretzel.

Back to the helmet. I have a full-face Arai that I left behind in favor of the shorty. The Arai is aged out. The Zamp shorty was new. The Zamp was a perfect fit and did not blow back on my head or anything like that. I wore the chin strap tight. For this accident, I had the better helmet. The old helmet may not have protected me as well when I hit my head.

I need to replace the Arai helmet, but I have to pay the hospital bill first.

I've heard it both ways, the story about the guy who slid through the mud and it packed into his full face helmet and suffocated him. That's kinda like seat belts, in a rare instance not wearing a belt and being "thrown clear" did save someone but the odds are highly against that happening.

Bell Bullit or Arai Defiant. I hit a June bug the other day so big I thought I caught a golf ball to the visor. I actually wobbled a little. I like the idea of an open face just not the practicality. Control is just an illusion, but you can stack the odds in your favor. With all the stupid shit I've gotten away with over the years, I figure I better not taunt karma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my get-off @ about 45mph on I-40 heavy traffic last week. All of my ATGATT damaged/destroyed. Not one road rash. Cracked left wrist and VERY sore back. Probably totaled the GL1800. This is a Symax 2 HJC.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1472350514463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1472350514463.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 829
pidjones said:
From my get-off @ about 45mph on I-40 heavy traffic last week. All of my ATGATT damaged/destroyed. Not one road rash. Cracked left wrist and VERY sore back. Probably totaled the GL1800. This is a Symax 2 HJC.

Sorry to hear you crashed. Glad the gear saved your life

I think its an opinion question and the answer is not really anyone's to judge another by choice... In other words, I wear both and if you don't like that... tough shit :eek: I sometimes ride in a T shirt and chucks too :eek: :eek: No Socks!

Racing has regulations that protect you and the others you race along side of on a closed circuit, that is where your right to chose protection is waived for a set of rules.

Back
Top Bottom