CL

Facebook Marketplace seems to be replacing them as the go-to for selling stuff anyway.

irk miller said:
Facebook Marketplace seems to be replacing them as the go-to for selling stuff anyway.
I've noticed this as well. I find very little on Craigslist these days, and what I do I've already seen on fb marketplace anyways.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They started charging on the 15th. It is supposed to reduce the spam and scammers. But I think offerup and facebook have been slowly taking over.

I deactivated my Facebook over a year ago.
Man, I REALLY don't want to go back, but I miss Marketplace (buying and selling). And there are some good model-specific motorcycle groups I could use (like the SR500 page, since I'm still searching for spark0. The VJMC doesn't even have a web group anymore; it'a all on Facebook.
And I was always able to find neat events to attend. I've missed out on a couple since I left, simply because I didn't know about them.
Maybe it's time to go back under a fake name and just don't friend or follow anybody.

scott s said:
Maybe it's time to go back under a fake name and just don't friend or follow anybody.
I cleaned up my friends list, so I've gotten to the point of barely even using my newsfeed. It's all stuff with the groups.

Sold the '79 CB750F today through my CL ad. Had it on Marketplace too, but it only generated messages to trade or what is your lowest price (without looking at it?)

pidjones said:
Sold the '79 CB750F today through my CL ad. Had it on Marketplace too, but it only generated messages to trade or what is your lowest price (without looking at it?)
I despise the automated questions that are sent with a single accidental touch of the screen. However, I much prefer Marketplace to CL. I can at least see who I am dealing with, and if they resemble a crackhead before buying something.

Yeah thats one problem I have with FB marketplace as well. Lots of tire kickers and BS because its so easy to send a message.

The last bike I listed I had 20+ messages overnight asking if it ran, when the first line in the ad was "DOESN'T RUN".

I took it down the next day.

My issue as well, there are way to many dipshits on FB that don't even read the first part of an add and just message you asking shit that if they read the add, would have answered it themselves. I started replying "read the add" and they get all pissy about it so I just don't bother anymore. I put one add up, marked it sold, removed the add and for 4 months got messages about the stupid thing. a $25 dishwasher that haunted me for 4 bloody months LOL.

I just had a guy message me yesterday asking if the KZ250 I sold last October was still available. That ad has been deleted for months, I have no idea how the dude even found it again.

^^^ that's the problem it lives on and on in FB purgatory even after deleted. you kill a CL or Kijiji add and they are gone. FB you can still see them in peoples feeds if they replied or commented long after the original post is pulled down. It's really annoying.

I prefer CL over FB. Here locally I still find more on CL than FB. Searching FB marketplace seems to give me unpredictable and incomplete results. I usually see a higher price on the FB ad if I see it on CL as well.

Maritime said:
^^^ that's the problem it lives on and on in FB purgatory even after deleted. you kill a CL or Kijiji add and they are gone. FB you can still see them in peoples feeds if they replied or commented long after the original post is pulled down. It's really annoying.
You mark a FB Marketplace ad as sold. You don't delete them. The reason someone can come back to your ad months later when you don't mark them as sold is because they can save the ad.

Ha. Well mine was on a local fb classified, before marketplace so could be the issue. They asked you to delet posts to keep it clean.

Back
Top Bottom