What's going on now over at Ichiban Moto ?

Re: Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

That is the way of the cafe racer, but it does need to have checkers on the tank to be a true cafe racer to get top dollar.

And those self cleaning brake pads are inspired.

So I went through as many seat fabrication threads as the search function could find for me on the forum...

... using the tips and best practices learned, I made my own badd ass café racer seat !

It takes many hours, advanced skills, specialty tools and patience... but it is worth it to have a seat custom made for the bike vs. trying to save up for one of those expensive plastic seats. I might try to make my own gas tank too... :D

Here is a video on youtube to show you how to make an awesome seat like mine:

http://youtu.be/fKqJPoGC4FM

Looking good man. In the future you can lengthen the working time of the epoxy by applying it to a Hawaiian shirt with some jazz playing in the background. Also, if you use a Dickies pocket shirt instead of a regular t-shirt, it gives you extra material to french a tail light into.

Rich Ard said:
Looking good man. In the future you can lengthen the working time of the epoxy by applying it to a Hawaiian shirt with some jazz playing in the background. Also, if you use a Dickies pocket shirt instead of a regular t-shirt, it gives you extra material to french a tail light into.

Plus, if you use a hawaiian shirt, or maybe even a tie-dye shirt, you wouldn't need to paint it...you could just have a badass seat with an awesome pattern.

Green199 said:
Plus, if you use a hawaiian shirt, or maybe even a tie-dye shirt, you wouldn't need to paint it...you could just have a badass seat with an awesome pattern.

Shit, you could use a hypercolor t-shirt and that would save you hundreds on that paint that changes color in the sun

Rich Ard said:
Shit, you could use a hypercolor t-shirt and that would save you hundreds on that paint that changes color in the sun

What the hell is 'hypercolour'?

Just for clarification, there is a difference between polyester resin (what was used in the video) and epoxy resin. Epoxy doesn't smell bad like polyester and it provides a much better mechanical bond than the polyester resins. Takes much longer to cure in cold weather and is much more expensive though. It's a better material, but you won't find it in use too much due to the cost.

BUAHAHAHA old Generrra Shirts from the mid to late 80's

Don't front. You loved that shit.

the cotton is just as strong as glass ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

xb33bsa said:
the cotton is just as strong as glass ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is it really? I've used it for small repairs but I've not done a big glass workup.

I'd like to continue work on my CB400f after viewing this thread. The problem is my last build was the H-D and I don't know where to buy metric vise grips for the CB. Can anyone help? Ichiban, where did you get yours?

Green199 said:

I used to know a guy who built Kayak's and surf ski's for a living.
You can use almost anything as a lay up material, he often used printed cotton flags for people, but, they were backed with glass and kevlar

Rich Ard said:
Is it really? I've used it for small repairs but I've not done a big glass workup.

dood, nay-suh wanted to make winders fer the shuttel outta cotton but they never could get it cleer lookin'

You use a laundry bag fer winders, gets to look like the steel mesh ones ;D

crazypj said:
You use a laundry bag fer winders, gets to look like the steel mesh ones ;D

that would remind me of bein' in jail :-\ :-X

jsharpphoto said:
can we just go ahead and award this thing bike of the month?

At first I thought this would be a bit premature... but then I spent some time looking through dozens of bikes that won the prestigious honor in the past. I see that some didn't look finished and some were not even running properly during the month they were on the banner.....

:D So yes, thank you- I accept your nomination ! !!! :D

edit: I have come up with a name for the bike .. I see that all of the winners have snappy names :D

There have been so many questions pm'ed and posted about tools... so instead of trying to type everything out or post photos, I made a quick video:

http://youtu.be/yVViJZ640yM

Back
Top Bottom