What's going on now over at Ichiban Moto ?

Re: Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

jsharpphoto said:
Ichiban means first, right? So is this your first bike? Maybe you should take the advice from those here trying to help.

It means "number one " but yes, it could be translated as "first" and also easily understood :D

thanks for your help, I am working away on getting it the mods done so I can make a new seat

I think he must be a big Andy Kaufman fan.

each one of these videos is funnier than the last. thank you for taking the time to so thoroughly document the destruction of so many parts at once.

this is such a train wreck, i can't look away.

:eek: This last video which is the only one I watched, I could not get all the way through.

Dude. This is all I am going to say. Put away the duct tape screw driver, plastic stacks and JB welded on carb and go write your own obituary. You are seriously scaring me. I retract my clubman bar offer. I do not want to contribute in any way when this all comes crashing down.

i don't think the plastic stacks are going to be a problem, because i don't think it's ever going to get that far.

he is emulating shervin at the least,but alas he lacks shervin's skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVucON1MXQ

Ichiban Moto : Yamaha 500 cafe racer build

I think this is better than cafe racer tv. Can't wait to see what's next!

I just watched all 7 movies.

This build, on a scale of 1 to 10, is fucking awesome!

OK, I didn't watch the videos until now. The brake pads with sandpaper taped on them confirmed it, up until that point I was only 80% sure it was an elaborate prank. Multiple different size vice grips but no proper wrenches, and the vice grips on the allen bolts had me suspicious, but the brake pads confirmed it. Clever humor.

well played sir ;)
what he has done/is doing is documented what the vast majority of cafe racer builders are doing, same tools same mentality same results
i think in the end an awsome bike will magically appear ;D notice that the front fender chop layout was well done,well marked but he still put it on backwards(and no it wasn't cut with a hacksaw)
yes we got played
a

if this really is a joke, and i hope that it is as seen in just about every single post i've made in this thread, we need a big gong right about now.

yes it is a joke, you got played hard :'(
i stand by my earlier statement nobody is that f$%king stupid

LOL just read n watched through all of this. Thanks for the posts ichi. I think this build is gona be a sticky one day.

the lonely carb upside down
the tailiight skewed
front fender loosely on backwards
clear fluid SHOOTING out of the brake line......
there were sooo many clues
gotta frikin love the hammer handled screwdrivers ;D

LOL, LOL this is fucking hilarious
Someone who 'doesn't know' what bike he's got, butchering it with vice grips, mis-matched carbs (one Mikuni, one Kei-Hin)
I'm going to watch all the video's, no one could seriously be doing this shit for real, particularly with a bike less reliable than a CB360 running 20w/50
Great stuff, can't believe anyone is taking it seriously, no one is that dumb ;D 8)
Just watched the intro video, seat is comfy so I'll put a little cowl on back of it, make it look a little cafe
That should have been enough for anyone to know it's a joke

OK, I've watched all the vids and read the text.
I think you may eventually see a public safety film about what not to do, there are people who see something and think they can 'do better' with even less resources
Using full face shield is better and safer than using goggles and way better than nothing at all.
I've never seen or heard of a battery disposal kit until now, pretty sure the tops should be removed so the gel that forms can neutralise the acid inside?
It's almost like a time warp to when I first joined, just a few years ago, everything, no matter how dumb or dangerous was 'awesome'

Could this finally be the return of 'Swivel'??

If this was a joke and yes now I think it is why would he be asking for parts in the selling
thread ?

Back
Top Bottom