Attachments

• paint1.jpg
    paint1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 328
  • paint.JPG
    paint.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 346
Re: KZ440 First build

I really like that silver/gray. Nice job!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Paint scheme plans so far is the cast iron grey, satin black, and some matt black.

still no idea about the tank, but thats going to be the last thing i do

could have had the forks back together today but forgot i needed some liquid gasket.

Attachments

• paint2.jpg
    paint2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 395
  • paint3.JPG
    paint3.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 423
  • paint4.jpg
    paint4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 642

Im going to have them powdercoated in a matt black, the drum is satin black

something along these lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQrU06w7LHY

with a huge 20kg bag, contained it in a big cardboard box with a plastic cover and lots of light inside

What size compressor were you using? I was all set up to blast my engine, then got confused by different sources saying you need at least 9 cfm for soda blasting to work well, while others used smaller compressors. I still don't know what to use, haha.

I would say bigger is better, i think the one i had went to 9bar

What gauge sheet metal did you use on the battery tray? Is it steel? Are you going to weld it to the frame before powder coating? I'm about to start my cardboard mock ups. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

the bottom electric tray is held in place with cable ties, when the seatpan is also fitted there are two bolt threads that go through the centre brace on the frame and that pulls it up tight

jsnabbs said:
could have had the forks back together today but forgot i needed some liquid gasket.

Why would you need liquid gasket to rebuild forks?
Hope you don't plan on running that wore out rear sprocket. ::)

In the haynes manual it says you need liquid gasket for the ellen key bolt in bottom of the shock, it's done now

Front and rear spocket will be replaced

Attachments

• forks done.JPG
    forks done.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 976

I just noticed you have the exact same tank as me. That is such a bad colour! What were they thinking? I can't tell if it's purple or brown. So bad! Still the shape good, nothing some paint stripper can't sort out!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah all so not a big fan of the color, but that will be the last thing i shell out cash for on the bike.

Looks like Luminous Midnight Red. It can be a pretty cool metallic, I've got an '83 tank with different detailing on it that's a favorite of mine. I've been looking into possibly freshening up the clearcoat to bring out the colour again? But the red pinstriping on your tank really doesn't suit, never understood that pairing.

Back
Top Bottom