CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

crazypj said:
IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

That frame is sparkling, looks mega neat. What's the finish? Paint?

Appliance epoxy over not hardened primer, gives slightly more satin finish (accidental, I'm a lousy painter ;D )

crazypj said:
Appliance epoxy over not hardened primer, gives slightly more satin finish (accidental, I'm a lousy painter ;D )

Looks brilliant either way. Do you finish the tubes with anything? Reason I askis I've got some ripples from the grinder with my bike. Wondering if they won't be noticeable, a filler primer is to be used or if I need something more drastic like body filler.

Either take an orbital sander with some 220 to it or body filler if its bad. You'll see the grinder marks otherwise

I sandblasted, etch primer, undercoat primer then 3~4 topcoats (did them on different days)

neevo said:
Do you finish the tubes with anything? Reason I ask is I've got some ripples from the grinder with my bike. Wondering if they won't be noticeable, a filler primer is to be used or if I need something more drastic like body filler.
I had the same problem after cutting a bunch of stuff off my frame. Sometimes body filler is too heavy for some of the small defects. Glazing putty is the best solution I have found. It's like concentrated primer you spread on with a rubber squeegee. Primer/sealer you parts first, scuff them down to reveal your low spots, and fill with glazing putty. Knock back the putty with 220, or 400 grit. Lay one more coat of primer over it to seal it up, and then prep for paint. Don't final paint over glazing putty, or it will show through.

It ain't easy, but, it IS possible to fit a Dyna S off a Goldwing to a CB360.
Had to machine backplate to fit 360 head and a few other modifications. Also machined points cover for clearance, then machined it a lot more as bike won't be out in the rain
Haven't fired it up yet but we have spark at the correct time

It's alive 8)
started second kick, but, Brendon wanted video so I switched off and started over, started second kick second time as well
I'll get some pics of the Dyna fitting later

Pictures ;D
WIP (work in progress)
Fork brace
Forkbrace.jpg

Dyna ignition module off GL1000
Dynaignition1.jpg

modified cover as there is no longer a worry about water shorting things out
Dynaignition2.jpg

and, new footrest on 'blue bike', 2005 RM 250 take-off
Newfootrest.jpg

Well, Brendon rode off about an hour ago, got just about exactly a mile before bike stopped
I took a few tools and jumped in truck.
RAN OUT OF GAS (to be fair, the reserve is probably blocked on the 'new' tank)
Put about a gallon in so it will run on 'normal and it seems fine
Battery is a bit low as static setting timing took longer than expected (bike hasn't run for 2 months)
All seems good though

Stock Honda advancer with a few modifications, don't know about rev limiter, it was used Dyna off eBay
It was a crazy week to go from bunch of parts to a rider in 5 days while still fabricating parts
It's not 'finished' as there are a lot of rough bits I'm not happy with (but, it's not mine and is ridable)

Brendon called this morning, bike blowing fuses.
Forgot to take picture but the LED flasher relay had burned out (don't know why I checked that first? :eek: )
bits were rattling around inside and caused a short - made it an intermittent fault
Finally got round to fitting front mudguard and finishing off fork brace. Still need to get a couple of 6mm acorn nuts (plus chop bolts down a bit)
some pix

close up of fork brace with polished brass sheet under it (you can see the over length bolts and plain nuts as well)

another of front end

Don't know it was laying around loose at junkyard.
I thought it was 250 Triumph but they have different mountings
All I can tell you is it was orange when it was bought ;)

A close friend of mine from Utah was doing some photography work in FL. Last night he sent me a picture of what he called "The sexiest Honda I've ever seen in my life" that he found while wandering around the Milk District.

I recognized it immediately as Brendon's 360. Funny small world.

Back
Top Bottom