CB350/360 starter block off plug, speedo spacers, tach plugs

Re: CB350/360 starter block off plug

For a 360-I'm not sure about the difference between stub mount or flange mount-I'm going to be making my own manometer out of tubing and a yardstick so whatever works with that is great. as far as length goes I'll defer to your judgment-you're on about your 4th or 5th generation on these things arent you?-You'll know what works better than me. Time frame is great-no rush-I'm trying to get my xj650 running right now anyway soI won't get to the CB anytime soon. I'm just hoping to get it running by the time snow falls (got about a month and a half tops)

houlzhouse2 said:
For a 360-I'm not sure about the difference between stub mount or flange mount-I'm going to be making my own manometer out of tubing and a yardstick so whatever works with that is great. as far as length goes I'll defer to your judgment-you're on about your 4th or 5th generation on these things arent you?-You'll know what works better than me. Time frame is great-no rush-I'm trying to get my xj650 running right now anyway soI won't get to the CB anytime soon. I'm just hoping to get it running by the time snow falls (got about a month and a half tops)

Stock carbs are stub mount, they push into rubber boot.
Some of the after market Mikuni have two bolts to mount onto a flange.
make flange to stub converters to use the stock intake boots.
PM me with details of what your doing

I'll be making a couple next week if anyone needs one let me know.
I think everyone who already wanted them has one?

Crazypj, I am starting a build and need to get one of these from you. Let me know if/when you are going to have some available. Thanks.

CrazyPJ, just starting work on my 360 project and could really use one of these. any available?

I've always got a few available
I'll take them out of my own engines if I have to ;D

I need one for my CL350 got any left? PM me your payment info if you still got some for sale

Got a few block-off's, carb sync adapters and tach block off plugs.
I'm having surgery 3rd Jan and there won't be any for probably 5~6 months when they are all gone (as soon as arm gets 'better' I'm having shoulder surgery and that's a right bitch apparently?)

Hi All,
There seems to be confusion with some people how the plug fits.
I assumed it was self evident as anyone working on their own bike would be mechanically inclined(doh,shouldn't make assumptions)
Anyway, here's the 'ded' CB350 case I use to check they fit properly
1. From the outside, not fully pushed 'home' as it's only there for pics
How it looks from the outside
Starterplugfitting-2.jpg

2. From the inside, turn plug to get screws in best position.
It will work with only one screw but I like things to be symmetrical (some motors can only use one screw, there are variations in cases) When permanently fitting, I like to smear some sealant around plug and also Loctite screws in position.
The 'O' ring prevents dirt/water getting into the opening so it can be removed if you want to re-fit electric starter in the future, if it was moved further in you could get corrosion in there which could damage bore.
I forgot to mention, if you have corrosion in bore from stock starter motor, you need to clean it out with scraper/emery cloth/sandpaper or whatever
It doesn't need any cross pieces, the screws only need to 'overlap a few thousandths on an inch to stop it falling out
Starterplugfitting-3.jpg

I don't know what happened to pictures, they were still on photobucket.
I've reloaded them on post

Hi All,
Don't know if your aware of it, but, USPS prices increased last Monday (23rd Jan)
It's not too bad at present so I'm keeping postage at 'old' rate until next price rise (or they close local post office and I have to travel further :( )

Hey PJ,

The plug arrived just today. I couldn't be happier with it!

Great, glad you like it
Thanks for lettig me know you got it 8)

I think I've got everyone covered on starter plugs an sync adapters.
PM me if you need info.
Dave, yours is on it's way to Canada

cant this be installed with motor on frame? i know it needs to be screwed from the inside, but whats involved in the install from a motor on frame, running bike stand point?

Yes,
Drain oil, Pull the side cover, pull the starter, put in plug. put side cover back on, refill oil.
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom