Nighthawk CB450 (New Age Bobber/Shortchop)

Ah nice, i couldn't tell by the pics of it being semi-dismantled what year it was. Sucks bout the engine, i only had one carb stuck wide open which i ended up finding there was some rough edges in the left carb causing the needle to stick. I will prob have to do some adjusting / carb kits once i make the exhaust and get the it baff'd ( can't straight pipe :'( .)

I wasn't gonna put a bitch seat on personally, but as we know the motor on a bike is just a giant vibrator for the ladies lolz ;D

need to find new floats... these things are way off and it says you cant adjust these plastics ones :( anybody know where to get some new ones or brass ones?

Damn I cant find floats anywhere i am afraid to get any on ebay since they are used and could easily be in the same boat as mine. I did see the 400m floats are black with the metal inserts they look similar. Hopefully someone has had this problem and can chime in on how they fixed it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I will take a look around when i go and get some new throttle cables, see if i can order them from the cycle place i go to in town. If i find replacement floats for our year of bike i will let ya know, maybe useful to have a part number and i'm sure u could find a dealer in the states.

I love the progress on your 82 hawk. Im looking into doing a bobber build on my 82 hawk as well. Got a question for you. how did you go about mounting the rear fender where you cut right above the suspension? Also where did you find the fender and did it fit pretty effortlessly in width?

Back
Top Bottom