modified, aftermarket, or custom. nothing is safe (78 KZ1000)

thanks guys. Today I was able to schedule some time in the gallery so i should be able to get some good photos soon.

Got some photos of the bike with the new swing-arm and triple trees. Ill probably get around to finishing editing the photos this weekend, but here's a teaser for now.

Attachments

• kz1000V2.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 403
Forgot to put the rest of these up. If you look real carefully at the reflections you can see my amateur hour photo setup.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 359
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 365
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 364
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 376
This is a beautifully assembled bike and a great representation of what we would have loved to ride in the era of it's origin. Too bad the "cafe" craze hasn't inspired this quality of thinking instead of the dipshit poser cycles fad.

Attachments

• 3.jpg_thumb.png
    3.jpg_thumb.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 619
I will be showing this bike at the Quail Motorcycle Gathering next Saturday (the 4th)in Carmel, CA. If you're around you should try and make it!

The clip ons vibrate a bit and it's not unbearable but it bugs me after a while. I made these internal bar end weights and they did not make a noticeable difference. I'm gonna try a rubber hose filled with lead shot next. I don't like the look external bar end weights.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.JPG
    IMG_0545.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 352
I have heard that expanda-foam is a good way to reduce the vibrations. I have not tried it though.
Love the green, it came out great. What headlight are you using to have the inbuilt gauge? Very neat.

That's a different thread. anyway it's custom. I made a gauge holder a speedhut gauge and fit into a 6.25" bucket.

HA! I was reading both at the same time as I was drinking my morning coffee. Disregard my post then. I will try and remember not to post until I am at least through my first coffee.
Thanks mate.

I had a great time at the Quail. So much eye candy. The owner of the BSA cafe behind my bike told me has an ATP turbo kit for a kz sitting on the shelf, and that he would "make me a deal of a lifetime" on it. It would be amazing if that came though.

Attachments

• IMG_cool.jpg
    IMG_cool.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 363
doc_rot said:
I had a great time at the Quail. So much eye candy. The owner of the BSA cafe behind my bike told me has an ATP turbo kit for a kz sitting on the shelf, and that he would "make me a deal of a lifetime" on it. It would be amazing if that came though.

That would certainly take it to the next level. I hope you get it.

Sure is a clean beauty. Not sure it would be the same with a turbo, but heck, why not?

I'm enjoying this incarnation right now and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon, but I built the bottom end of this motor specifically to turbo it at some point. I have noticed at these shows that it tends to get overlooked because everything is subtle and restrained. A turbo would make people take a second look while simultaneously feeding my need to make this bike cooler

They probably are not real familiar with the KZ. But we know how much work and love went into that thing.

Back
Top Bottom