The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - got the paint, need the weather!

stroker crazy said:
I don't think you'll be disappointed! The bike improves much after a 1000k or more.
A big help for the front brake is a stainless steel braided hose.

Big news coming up in a couple of days!

Crazy

Any clues on where to buy a braided front brake hose?

Mine was delivered in a box.

Sharing the garage with the others :)

ChrisBNE - patience will be rewarded in an hour or two.

JustDan - now the fun starts! As for the brake line, mine was built to order by HEL; depends on where you are, but there is bound to be a supplier not too far away. Just avoid anyone who uses aluminium fittings!

Crazy

I used to have one of these.

I bought it when they first were available in Australia and paid around 3k including on roads. You can now get them in a crate for about $1800.

I replaced the carby with a 26mm Mikuni, Removed EGR, Freed up the exhaust and fitted a Chrome Megaphone, Wider drag bars, bar end mirrors, Smoked indicators, Air box delete, Anti gravity battery under the seat cowl, Billet Tail light, CDI upgrade, 1 tooth bigger front sprocket and fitted some better sintered brake pads.

I had a lot of fun with it and found the build quality to be quite decent.

Mine looked like this when I sold it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread!

Nicko

As promised - first of some changes:

item.JPG

62mm bore, takes it to 150cc. More in a couple of minutes.

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - big bore!

looks like the parts are finished nicely , clean and tidy. cant wait to see how it all comes together.

I won't be putting it on the bike straight away.

On Monday I will be taking it to get a new manifold made so the carbie sits on the frame centre line. That way the Lynx filter will fit tidily under the seat. This will necessitate the removal of the existing filter box and repositioning the battery under the seat hump.

Crazy

Funny thing. I was just looking at the same kit. I need to keep it stock for a bit to get a feel how well it goes. After that , then you can judge if any mods made. Make the bike better or worse.

I do need better rear shocks, tires ? Front brakes.

Front brake can be improved with different pads and s/s braided hose, but the shocks definitely have to go!

Crazy

Hey Crazy! First post, but checking in regularly as I also have an ace125 rejetted and stripped!

I'm hoping it's not the case for everyone, but I just had to get my crank case replaced due to the kickstart grinding a hole into it, and expelling a ton of oil!! Be real careful, the design is flawed!

Also, when I replaced the rear sprocket, the bushes under were starting to crack (I suspect a shortcut with materials).. Bike is at 1300k's, so wear and tear is a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, love the look of the clip-ons and the rest of the build too! Keep it up

-Tim

Edit: When I say kickstart, I mean the head of the bolt holding the kickstart lever together..

I've got just on 3000k on mine so far, without any problems.

Sounds like you've been a bit unlucky!

Crazy

Yeah, from what I can tell that's about the case.. Bugger!

Can I ask where you got that awesome triple tree from? cleans up that area beautifully!

Tim

It's the original triple with the bar clamps cut off and generally cleaned up and given a satin finish.

Crazy

Finally a break crap winter weather yesterday and had a chance to see how the ACE goes with a whole 25 km on the clock.

Base line for me is. Standard gearing, Blanking plate on the engine, Posh CDI, 26 mm Mikuni, de catted exhaust.

Cruises on 80 kph easily and I would say the top speed would be around 95 kph. It is now slightly quicker than CT110.

You will find it goes much better after a thousand k or so - should have no trouble topping 100km/h (excepting uphill and headwinds!)

Crazy

Looks great Crazy.

Is it worth taking out the electric stater for extra weight savings?

Is 100kmh the new ton??

PS, I found this french forum where they are all talking about their ACE 125s, its of course all in french but I used google translate and you can work it out: http://goo.gl/DdWLu

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

Thanks Chris.

Been thinking about removing the starter, as I kickstart it anyway. It doesn't look easy to do tidily so I've put in on the back burner until I get all the current changes finished.

I do have one weight saving underway:

item.JPG

Seeing that I'm moving the battery to underneath the seat hump, I went for something smaller and lighter!

Don't know about 100k being the new ton, but it's good to have a goal to aim for (and surpass).

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

Crazy

100Kms should be a pretty easy target.

Mine did 110kms/hr with a few mods. the only significant difference between ours was the Mikuni which can be had for little money and a fair bit of weight saving.

I got the most oomph out of the exhaust and carby change. The CDI did almost nothing if anything but remove the rev limiter.

with the 150cc cabacity increase and your fairing I would suspect speeds around 120 + are realistic.

The 4 cell Anti Gravity Lithium battery I ran fit very well on top of the fear fender mount which placed it nicely under the seat cowl.

Reading this is kinda making me wish I still had it.

Nicko

Back
Top Bottom