The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

All rego'd and running ok. Learned a great lesson , did a slow u turn and dropped the bike because the rear tyre was so slippery. So angry at myself... Only damage was I bent the rear brake pedal, I'll order a new one...

Does stall a bit, but I think that's because I haven't worked the choke out yet, leaving the choke causes it to really bog down and stall. Could because it's new ... Dunno

But she ain't fast, but it's a lot more fun than a 50cc!

We've all done something like that some time or other! I always hand sand a new tyre with some coarse sandpaper and take it very carefully for a while.

They like some choke to start, especially when new, but won't run with it on. You will find it picks up some more speed once it is run-in.

Have fun!

Crazy

Re: the "Ace" - at DGR!

The only 'Ace' at DGR SinCity!

A bit upstaged by a restored 'Dream' however.

Crazy

Attachments

• DGR022.jpg
    DGR022.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 333

Mikey - they were shooting video. I apologise for the blue stuff; I normally try to crop it out if I think someone from the UK might be viewing.

We had a great DGR here in SinCity HerrDeacon, we had 200-300 bikes, perfect weather, and no 'incidents'.

Crazy

Question:

Will the OEM battery fir under the rear seat hump or does it need to be one of the smaller batteries like the 4 cell antigravity?

Re: Re: the "Ace" - adding lightness!

mikeyw64 said:
Whats that blue stuff in the sky ??

I saw blue stuff in the sky once, was very strange but didn't last long and it started to rain again. Phew.

mikeyw64 said:
Question:

Will the OEM battery fir under the rear seat hump or does it need to be one of the smaller batteries like the 4 cell antigravity?

I think the stock battery might be a too tight fit. I'm using a 7Ah Shorai which fits easily and, equally important, only weighs 446g.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I think the stock battery might be a too tight fit. I'm using a 7Ah Shorai which fits easily and, equally important, only weighs 446g.

Crazy

Duly noted Sir :)

Lightness wasn't my primary reason, looking at using a Cone type performance air filter which will neccesitate removal of OEM airbox & battery tray (if I've read the parts list fiche correctly)

Hmm may go fo the 9ah SHorai (still in a type 2 case) just so I can say mines bigger than yours lol

Shorai: http://carrotcycles.co.uk/index.php?search%5Bkeywords%5D=shorai&_a=category
Air Filter: http://www.ooracing.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3720

mikeyw64 said:
… just so I can say mines bigger than yours

I'm contented with just big enough to do the job!
Besides I don't ride much at night so the battery has an easy time.

The airbox/battery tray have to go if you're fitting any sort of aftermarket filter (there's not much room to manoeuvre).

Crazy

Followers of this site will probable notice the change of name:

"The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource"

While the thread started as a documentation of the changes to my 'Ace' it has morphed into a different beast entirely!

The change signifies the reality that it has become a general source for discussion, information, and questions regarding this oriental masterpiece.

I hope everybody finds this useful and will continue to post here. If you want to run a separate thread for your own work it would be good if you could cross-link with this one.

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Crazy (about the 'Ace'!)

ChrisBNE said:
… how long till we see that fairing on the bike?!

I started out thinking it would happen fairly quickly, but it has been swamped by the subsequent proliferation of ideas!

It has now been relegated to a place in the queue after the installation of the Koso instruments, and the changes to the motor. However, it is still going ahead and will be all the better for the delay. As I am going to go the plug/mold/finished fairing route, it will be a fairly simple thing to lay glass for repeats for any who want one.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Followers of this site will probable notice the change of name:

"The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource"

While the thread started as a documentation of the changes to my 'Ace' it has morphed into a different beast entirely!

The change signifies the reality that it has become a general source for discussion, information, and questions regarding this oriental masterpiece.

I hope everybody finds this useful and will continue to post here. If you want to run a separate thread for your own work it would be good if you could cross-link with this one.

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Crazy (about the 'Ace'!)

whoops it does seem to have been hijacked (in a nice way) a little :)

I think the expansion of use is an improvement!

When the thread started I didn't know there would be this much interest.

It's all good!

Crazy

well it was this thread that swayed my decision to buy the Ace & given me a few ideas. Hope I can put a slightly different twist on some of them.

Back
Top Bottom