What did you do to your bike today.........???

whynot

~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
Checked, cleaned, gassed up, partial packed in anticipation of tomorrows trip to Maggie Valley for the weekend.

And actually have the 750 tore down to replace a leaking oil line.

Re: What did you do to your bike today.........?????? I did this.

I looked at my 83 nighthawk 650 longingly through the garage door glass...

I have the engine all torn apart and the bike down to frame (with suspension still attached). Need money to buy some tools to finish up engine disassembly and inspection. Hopefully I'll have a job by the end of the month and can get things rolling again...

Moved my cb750 and 360 around so I could bring the wife's car into the garage because we were supposed to get some wicked storms that never came.

And threw around some ideas in the old brain case for repainting the 360.

mg42gunner said:
Moved my cb750 and 360 around so I could bring the wife's car into the garage because we were supposed to get some wicked storms that never came.

And threw around some ideas in the old brain case for repainting the 360.

happens all the time I feel you on this one

83cb650sc said:
I looked at my 83 nighthawk 650 longingly through the garage door glass...

I have the engine all torn apart and the bike down to frame (with suspension still attached). Need money to buy some tools to finish up engine disassembly and inspection. Hopefully I'll have a job by the end of the month and can get things rolling again...

happens often to me aswell too many parts not much funds

I bought a set of oil lines that appeared to be new, but were actually rebuilt. The hose used for the repair seemed to kink when installed.

So back to square one, have to either find another set of line, or take one of the sets (or both) I have now to a local shop and have them fixed up.

Also picked up some crush washers and o-rings for the lines. Fairly cheap, but there's no actual Honda stealerships here in Augusta. Just a "Street & Trail" shop.

BTW.......trip to the mountains went off without a hitch........bike rally sucked, was boring. Nothing happened.

Rode the "Blue Ridge", was ok, a little boring.

But, hey....the mountains............Got a pic at the "Bridal Veil Showers" water falls. Not on the bike but by myself.

Please tell me you went to the Wheels through Time museum.

;D
Me and CCRider back in '11 on our way back from the dragon.
dttgtg2011_04.PNG

Wired a buddy's CB350 twin speedo light, and took his bike for a cruise. Charged the CB160. Took the Cb350F out twice, once with my girl on her CB350F. Did some spot polishing. Cleaned up the garage. Replaced her shitty lock on the gas cap with a proper latch. Thought about redoing her exhaust some more. And wired in a horn and turn signals on my 1960 Chevy Apache -- not a bike, but my bike hauler.

Flugtechnik said:
Please tell me you went to the Wheels through Time museum.

;D
Me and CCRider back in '11 on our way back from the dragon.
dttgtg2011_04.PNG

Got there too late Friday Night (rained like sh1t btw), rode all day Saturday, was closed at 5, missed it again. Left Sunday at 8:00 am, didn't open till 9 am. Wanted so much to go thru there. Kick myself in the butt for not being able to.

I suck......but, better luck next year.

Don't get the chance to make trips like that every year, but will try harder. "Life is short" , wish the wife would realize that.

I did get a picture of me in my frog togs. Not with the bike though.

Gapped the rings on a new piston. Installed the piston. Hog rings went in without a hitch or a single curse word. Life is good.

Confirmed that, yes indeed, my bike is stuck in 1st gear. ::)

I thought I may have just had a glitch in the rear-sets that I made. No such luck. :(

Re-installing the oil tank is a pita. That hose on the back that runs to the engine sucks.

Looks like I may have to remove the tool tray, was just trying to not remove no more than I had to to change oil lines.

Hopefully finish it up tonight and be on the road Saturday.

Well, finally got the oil lines and tank back in on the 750, and bike is buttoned up.

Lost the bolt for the brake pedal....sheeesh...oh well, have plenty of nuts and bolts around.

I put some miles on the ol girl.
Feels great to be back on two wheels ;)

Ormond Plantation
ormond3_zps1851fd80.jpg

Old Time Gas Station
rivertown1a_zps221f77f0.jpg

^^^^^^^^....Sweet.....^^^^^^^^

What he said.

After a quick ride to look at a stock exhaust, I changed the oil in the '76 750F last night.

Finally took off the weird ape hangers and did all the associated rewiring. New front brake and clutch cable to get rid of the extra foot of cable. Need to order a throttle cable, but feels much better now.

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 264
Back
Top Bottom