The furture is now. Can you handle it???

To make it more Art practical, you need more drugs. Then you can come up with real art. You need to get rid of the brakes and suspension to get it perfect. Stay away from Alien inspired movies, cause that will show up, making your creation look to familiar.

Attachments

• engineering art fail.jpg
    engineering art fail.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 253
Thank god that thing is british, it wont run long enough to hurt the rider

bradj said:
Thank god that thing is british, it wont run long enough to hurt the rider

I was out in the garage working on the sidecar. Stopped for a bit and picked up an old magazine. There was an article on Dave Degen's Barcelona 24 hour winning Triton. Yes. A Triumph that ran for 24 hours non-stop. This was in the early 60s. I believe the running for 24 hours non-stop record still stands.

What you talkin about.... My T100 lasted for 24 hours before something broke or fell off. Just not being ridden continuously.

All BS aside 24 hours is an amazing feat even on modern machinery.

Sort of. It was an older pre-unit (pre 62) motor in an older Featherbed frame and I wan to say that the race was 65. The bike was what we were riding back in the day in terms of technology and the motor was basically the same 1937 Edward Turner Speed Twin design so it wasn't exactly CNC machined expertise. My first T100 with a 56 motor had white metal conrods ie no shells. They poured in molten bearing metal and had to machine them to size on an old belt driven machine tool.

On mine I then had to spend hours with a bearing scraper to get the clearances spot on. Yep. Hand scraping big end bearings. Degens bike would have had shell big ends, but that's the sort of manufacturing capability back in the day.

That's only if you're going by Terminator temporal mechanics. Some people are still going off of the old Time Cop theory, but I mean who uses metric seconds in REAL life?

Back
Top Bottom