The Amalgam: honda past meets present, take 2! or 3?

Re: The Amalgam: Cb450 frame, cbr500r motor. What could go wrong???

hillsy said:
You might be best off cutting out the single downtube at the rear of the engine and mounting 2 downtimes to go to the swingarm pivot points. This will allow you to move the engine back so the front sprocket gets closer to the swingarm pivot.

It's plenty close, no real need. Once I just get it a little right and play with the sprocket it will be good to go I think.

It looks nowhere near it in that last photo - is the motor right against the rear down tube in that photo?

hillsy said:
It looks nowhere near it in that last photo - is the motor right against the rear down tube in that photo?

Yes, it is. If you look carefully, I have it ratchet strapped that way. I can easily let it go forward where it is not touching.

Ok - I can't see it but carry on 8)

Just putting this here for my own benefit.

Items purchased that plug into wire harness:
Side stand sensor
Air valve solenoid sensor
Fuel pump
coils
Maf sensor
Tip sensor
Radiator fan
Ecu
o2 sensor
Gauges
Injectors
throttle position sensor
crank position sensor

Yet to be purchased:
??

Having a hell of a time figuring out the wiring to tell if theres more.

You sure there's a MAF sensor on this one? Usually it's only a TPS sensor and an O2 sensor.

Definitely MAP. Not too many motorcycles, if any, use MAF. That's a car thang, homey.

Speaking of MAP, you could add this to your list... http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/PCFC/powercommander_pcfc.aspx

;)

Oopps, its listed as map mass air flow. And yes, power commander is on the list!!

Building my new house has completely taken over my life! Progress has been very slow, other than picking up a cognito front hub I really haven't done anything. The next significant update will be the frame work in November!

jag767 said:
Building my new house has completely taken over my life! Progress has been very slow, other than picking up a cognito front hub I really haven't done anything. The next significant update will be the frame work in November!
Dude, Barber is in October!

redwillissuperman said:
Dude, Barber is in October!

It is, but the Handbuilt show is in April ;) ;D

For those of you following along, looks like the frame will get back under way in November. This project, and all my tools have been getting bounced around like a 2 dollar whore while construction has been going on. To prevent them from getting even more disgustingly dirty, I spent 15 hours getting everything clean, and in here. It's a small space, but she'll do til I get a proper shop built (will be a while).

The more I look at the components that will soon enough be a complete bike, I get very excited for the end result.

Attachments

• index-7.jpg
    index-7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 251

About another month before the frame'll get done, but I picked up a different tank off a 350f I'm really diggin. Here's a side by side. Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_20161002_100412.jpg
    IMG_20161002_100412.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 257

Just seeing this thread now and looking at the pictures and saying to myself, man that engine looks familiar! I have a CB500X which uses the same engine, nice smooth engine. Very cool build, looking forward to seeing you finish it up.

Let me know if you need the service manual for that engine.

HerrDeacon said:
Just seeing this thread now and looking at the pictures and saying to myself, man that engine looks familiar! I have a CB500X which uses the same engine, nice smooth engine. Very cool build, looking forward to seeing you finish it up.

Let me know if you need the service manual for that engine.

Yes I 100% need the service manual. Thanks!

I'll get it uploaded somewhere and PM you a link. I can't do it until this evening though, will let you know.

HerrDeacon said:
I'll get it uploaded somewhere and PM you a link. I can't do it until this evening though, will let you know.

No rush whatsoever. I dont need it for a long while haha.

Digging that 350F tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom