New Raleigh/ Triad board!!!!

Joe

Raleigh, NC
WOW!!! :eek: 8)

Big thanks to Tim the mod for setting up our own little corner up for us! Thanks a lot!

I have been really busy with my woodstove installation project and was sick this week, so I have been MIA for a while. I look forward to coming up for air soon and making one of the get togethers soon. I did blow the cob webs out of the Centauro on the way to work this morning though....

It felt really good to blast down I-40, and didnt want to take the exit that leads to work.

See you guys soon, and again... Big thanks to TIM !!!!!!! ;D

Sometimes ya just gotta ask. ;D

There have been 4 cafe events here in the past month - things are starting to hop. With 150 posts, and now a monthly meeting, we needed our own space to keep it all organized....

Centuaro is a kick ass ride. I demo'ed one back in the day, and didn't even crash it!

So, what do you think we should call this group? Is the DTT good enough, or should be come up with some sort of a clever name?

I guess it can always change later. It doesn't bother me. mybe we can wait for Johann to return and chime in too.

Hi Guys,

I am back in the Old US of A!

For you that do not know, I had to fly to South Africa to visit my dad that had 3 strokes in two days. He is doing much better now and can walk again with the help of a walking stick. Thank you for all the emails from the guys in this group.

This is just great to see the progression on this site. I love our new "Triad board"

I am looking for new premisses where I can combine my Cafe Racer work shop (BAXTON MOTO) with a Cafe Racer theme coffee shop/bar. If any of you know of a place that might work, please contact me. The building needs to be in a spot that can be used as a "cruise/run destination" , but also needs to be central for guys that just want to do a short run for coffee and chat. My idea is to do a retro 60's black and white theme and have a glass wall between the coffee bar and the w/shop so that visitors can see the cafe racers in the shop. We can use the place to launch new cafe racers from this group too.

Hope to see you at Nappers Tandy's next week.

Regards,

Johann

Johann:

Your cafe is a great idea - one that I have dreamed of for years, but without the means to make it happen. Your description reminds me of many destinations that exisited in other places I have lived over the years:

metro_sticker4.jpg

Sidewalk_wide.jpg

Time Warp Tea Room, Knoxville, TN

wpid-2010-08-07-09.53.46.jpg

n1635942993_152422_4898319.jpg

Fuel Cafe, Milwaukee, WI

Rockers-Reunion.jpg

... and, of course, the now defunct Ace Cafe Chicago

I'd be glad to help you make it happen however possible. Let's discuss Tuesday over a beer!

Scot

Johann I'm so glad you're back and that your Dad is doing better. Can't wait to chat up about the Cafe you have in mind.
Sounds like we will have a lot to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom