RALEIGH NC DTT'rs

xulf13

West of Tennessee
Any DTT'rs in the Raleigh area wanna ride out? I wanna develope a network of Cafe Racers to hang and ride every once in a while or weekends etc...

Let me know

Eddie

There are 2 of us for sure in raleigh area and I think others. Myself and Byrdman are here and we are always up for something. I just now noticed this thread since I have been busy and hadn't checked here in a while. Maybe we can get out for a beer or something this weekend? My number is six 9 six 00 two4. Take care,
Joe

Thanks Joe, I will give you a holler whe I get the time. Unfortunally this weekend is not good for me. My wife and I are expecting a child anytime between this week and the next, so I won't make plans. But I got your number and will be sure to give you a cal when ready 8)

My # is:

Later

I am in wilmington and am searching my heart out for a bike i can afford. i find great deals in upstate newyork and washington dc but none around here. Pm me if you guys see anything up there or know who to ask about finding one for sale in the nc area. thanks.

rjz5400 said:
I am in wilmington and am searching my heart out for a bike i can afford. i find great deals in upstate newyork and washington dc but none around here. Pm me if you guys see anything up there or know who to ask about finding one for sale in the nc area. thanks.

byrdman76 has a CB550 which will be for sale soon. I am not sure what he will ask but it is a nice bike. Send him a PM to see what the deal is on it. If you have troubles getting in touch with him let me know... Good luck.

I just got a 1972 cb450 a month ago. Its my first motorcycle and its my first time working with an engine of any sort so trail and error is my method of choice.

I've got to running now but after it starts one cylinder doesn't fir anymore. I'm guessing i should replace the coils since it has compression, i rebuilt the carbs, and the spark plugs are new.

Any thoughts?

I'm down to ride with anybody in the area.

Live free Ride Hard
Jeffron

Hey Jeff, Before you buy a coil, check if you get spark from it. Easy check. Just pull the wire out of the plug, hook it back up to the plug, crank it and see if it arcs (sparks on electrode) then you know if it's good or not. Hopefully that will get you going, Just cause you redid your carbs doesn't mean something isn't right with them. Maybe the needles are not sitting properly and you're not getting gas in that cylinder or very little. When you get it running we should get together with Joe. I will try to give him a call pretty soon. I have a ride to ashboro this weekend, anyone is welcome to come. We (some other guys) are meeting at the Apex IHOP near 540 and 64 at 7:30 am to go to the aviation museum and also the harley historic museum and lunch. Should be about 12 to 15 of us there. If anyone wants to come just let me know. like I said, all are welcome.

Eddie

http://www.tonup-nc.com/Raleighrumble/MvRRRschedule.html

I just found out about this today and wanted to pass this along to all you guys.

Eddie, I was getting intermittent spark from one of my coils so i went ahead and got some new dynatek coils. I've got to make a new mounting bracket for these ones since they are about twice the size as stock.

We'll see how that goes tomorrow.

Any of you guys going to check out this event this weekend?

Jeff

I will be at the beach this weekend so I will not be going but Eric (byrdman) will be at the rumble with his Superhawk Cafe I believe. He went last year and said it was a good time. I will also be at the beach next weekend for the Emerald Isle bike rally incase some of you feel like showing up there. On the 450 coil problem another way to see if the problem is with the coil or carbs is to switch the coils and see if the problem switches also. The carbs are very touchy on those bikes and the points are even more so. I would almost bet that the points/ timing are the problem. I have a 500T and went to the electronic ignition on mine so that I no longer have to deal with that. Hope to meet up with some of you guys one of these up coming weekends. I will be in town the weekend of the 19th so maybe we can all figure out some time to get together that weekend. Take care,
Joe

I was out riding with a bunch of other Xj's and hondas, kawa's etc towards Asheboro in memory of our friend Bill who was killed in a motorcycle accident last month. He had organized the ride for august 8th but had his memorial that day instead. The rest of us pullled the ride thru and went forth this past weekend. It was a good time. 14 bikes in total.

I will not be able to make the beach ride. I saw the rumble for the labor day weekend but like I said I was at another ride. Would like to get something else going though. 8)

I'm in Raleigh....currently trying to finish up my CB550 to ride it this summer. (my first build)
I would love to have some people to meet up with once I'm riding!

My roommate is also fixing up a cb550, and other is getting a kz650 this weekend, so we're all quite excited to get on the road :)

That's great, I can't wait to meet you guys, I'm almost done with my 1973 TX650. We gotta get together. feel free to call or PM me.

Eddie

i won't have my "cafe" done for a while. but if you'll accept an fz6 in the pack i'd love to tag along for any rides y'all might have.

man I don't care what you have. What are you building by the way?
Maybe we can doo a meet in a couple of weeks or sometime in May?

Just rememeber that your FZ6 willmore likely be the fastes bike of the bunch :D

xulf13 said:
man I don't care what you have. What are you building by the way?
it's a cx500. still in the gathering, planning stages because i'm trying to get paperwork (or lack thereof) sorted out in this great state.

xulf13 said:
Just remember that your FZ6 will more likely be the fastest bike of the bunch :D
yeah, but i'm fat and have two little kids at home so i don't ride all that fast. ;D

may sounds good. i should have some free time next month.

My cb550 should be up and running within 2 weeks or so, and from there its just a matter of obtaining the title for me. so theres a chance I could make a may ride...dont ever want to bank on the NC DMV though... ::)

Are there any really good rides around the raleigh area? Im looking at google maps and trying to lay down some future routes for myself. Any favorite roads for you guys?

I like riding the country and make stops at historical towns to stretch and fill up. From Raleigh you can take 64 to Zebulon, Not much there, but then you can take 96 north up to 401 and take that to Louisburg, then take 56 towards Creedmoor, then 50 south to 98 towards Wake Forest. the sky is the limit really. There are so many other places to go to. It all depends on how long you can ride for. I take hwy 96 all the way to Virgilina ( a small town rigth on the border with VA and then I head east towards Clarksville. Really nice up that way.

Maybe we can do a 1/2 day event riding 96 all the way to VA and make a few stops on the way. Like Youngsville, Oxford, and Clarksville. It should take about 1:30 hrs to get there from Raleigh .

I am up for a ride if I am free whenever it happens. I always have lots of stuff going on but maybe it will work out. There are lots of nice curvy roads out near jordan and harris lake. Plenty of nice places to ride around here....

Back
Top Bottom