DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! The Engine Is Running, Link To Video!

This bike had very low miles brother rzresurection so the clutch basket was in excellent condition and did not need any work.

I have been working on a lot of the small details to finish the bike like bending the kick starter to clear the rear sets, building a new battery hold down, etc. and I spent the last week working on installing the switches in the handle bar controls, rebuilding the wiring harness, wiring the headlight, tail light, and turn signals, etc. We had to add a load equalizer to get the LED turn signal conversion to work so I mounted it to the front of the aluminum rock guards that I built for the frame and installed them in the rear of the frame. The front turn signals are in the ring on each side of the headlight and I mounted the rear turn signals on the inside of each top shock mount to keep the bike really clean looking!

I finished the wiring last night so we rolled the RD350 off the lift and outside to start her for the first time ever today and she started on the second kick!

Here is a link to a video of her running on my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/joe.dwmsracing My page there is open so everyone should be able to see it however a lot of us are already friends there and if we are not send me a friend request!

Nope- no video. Last post is car racing on grass

That is my daughter playing with her mustang, the RD350 video is the next post on my page.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! Drilled front brake rotor!

We decided to drill the front brake rotor so I drew a pattern and cross drilled all of the holes!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! Batteryless Generator And CDI Ignition Conversion!

We decided to upgrade the ignition and charging system on the RD350 so I removed all of the factory parts and started installing this new batteryless powerdynamo 12 volt / 150 watt magnet based generator with an integrated CDI solid state electronic ignition!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! Batteryless Generator And CDI Ignition Conversion!

The last few finishing touches to make this RD perfect! Nice job Joe! I'm really looking forward to getting this thing back to New England, even if I won't be able to ride it until probably April! haha. Can't wait to find out what the final dry weight is. It's got to be super light!

Just ordered the last component for the RD! We are one braided brake line away from the finish. I have a friend working on the graphics for the tank and tail section and this thing will be complete! Can't wait to ride this thing in the Spring! A true work of art Joe!

Nice. It has taken a long time but 100% worth it.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Front Brake System Photos!

I worked on finishing the front brakes for the RD350 build today and installed a new master cylinder, a custom made Spiegler black stainless brake line, and a factory brake caliper I rebuilt with new seals and brake pads that I painted satin black to go with the factory rotor I already drilled and installed on the front rim I built with new stainless steel spokes!

Brother bluesmokey decided to have some new gold leaf lettering and graphics made to go with the beautiful starburst whole earth metallic and black paint work that was done by my Brother Jason on the fuel tank and the tail section that I built so I shipped them to him and I got them back today!

Thank you for the compliments brothers, here are some more new photos for you all to enjoy!

IMHO, The bike was already a thing of beauty but adding these graphics and gold leaf really accents this amazing paint job! When Joe and I decided we wanted to spruce this thing up to the next level, I knew who I had to get on the case. Reluctantly Joe and I decided to ship the paint work up to me here in RI and I got Lee Trahan of Higher Graphix in Norton MA to work his magic!

I've known Lee's dad Artie Trahan for over 15yrs. Artie is arguably one of the best painters on the east coast. His son Lee is literally " a chip off the old block"!

When I told Lee my ideas, he was really excited to work on the project. This kid is amazing and he took my ideas and translated them to what you now see here. Lee does everything from billboards, to car wraps, to bus wraps, to now custom motorcycles. Artie finished it off with 4 coats of clear to seal in the awesomeness!!

I love it!

Back
Top Bottom