Making Tools with Red Lock tite

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
Ok so i got a job what most would call a shittyy dead end red shirt job but im a pig in shit overhere in my " autozonetypejob" ....and god damnit ive never felt so helpful in my life and half the knowledge ive gained thats helped people.most has come from here or come up here at some point....

ANYWAYS....place closes at 8:00 and im there til 8:20 no sweat digging through lug nuts with a set of calipers and boom came up with the correct size nut to take off the dudes r6yamaha swing arm ....but how is just that gonna take it off he asked....i grabbed the correspoding lug stud and showed him the red locktite then said vice grips.....he looked at me like i was fucking with him .....anyways the actual tool was over $20 and we were under $8 with my pile of tool making goodness....he came in today and said that shit worked!!! And then i sold him a siphon kit with extra line to bleed brakes that was less than the gas line he was going to use....

Good for you mang! worst thing to ever hit a parts store is the computer... my brother has been behind a counter for 40 years and he "knows" whats in his store, flat bills today know where the hand cleaner is and that's about it.

"Parts guys" are hard to find. Very often do I feel like if I just did their job for them, Everyone would make out better.

I used to be a grey shirt at "The Zone" years ago. Couple other guys that worked there were big gear heads too. The store got a pretty good rep as the place to actually talk to folks who knew what they were doing and could actually help. After awhile it was the place all the local hot rod guys would come for parts. Was a fun job other than the absolute shit pay and weird corporate BS.

Fast forward a decade or so, and I had to stop in there for plugs and plug leads for the old XS chop. After being told that the kid behind the counter couldn't find the NGKs or wires I needed without telling him what car they go to, and then having him try to "upsell" me on a bunch of shit I didn't need I was starting to get annoyed.

Luckily an old head I used to work with clocked in. Five min later I was finally leaving, parts in hand.

Back
Top Bottom