1975 Honda xl350 brat? tracker? project so far

Thx! Finally had an hour today to get some work done on it...got the rear fender mounts welded on...I believe that's the last of the welding needed on the frame so I should be able to start tear down and send the frame to powder, and seat to upholstery.
Oh wait, still need to do some fab to the exhaust pipe and perhaps a mounting bracket to the frame! Damn I swear I'm gonna forget something and send up powder too early!
Doin Baja 500 this week so I guess no work on it till the next weekend after.

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 863
  • IMAG0337.jpg
    IMAG0337.jpg
    779.6 KB · Views: 501
ob1xl said:
Doin Baja 500 this week so I guess no work on it till the next weekend after.

make sure you post some pic's from this! good luck :D be safe.......,

Opinions on the front forks??? Polished or black? I really can't decide!

Attachments

• IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 426
Polished for sure :D , with all the black of the tyre and rim, the forks disappear. you have a pic on pg1 at the bottom with silver forks and it just pops! ;) just my opinion though ...........

Haha. Awesome opinion! Thx!
If I go black ill Probly just send em out with the frame for powder.

hmmm great points! where do u get this stuff?
still gotta get the frame blasted or dipped...its coated in shit i dont even care to try to get off lol

Looks killer! I woulda never thunk to do up an XL like this but I love it so far! Keep the pics coming. Polished forks, for a little contrast. Too much black is...well, actually never a bad thing.

Thx dfinn!
I finally got the rear fender mounted up! My welds are getting better.
I should get some free time this weekend to work on it and can get some pix up.
I'm usually all for blacking out a ride but for some reason I'm leaning towards the polished forks. I'm still undecided. but it kinda seems if I don't black out too much, it looks as if this bike was originally made this way. Any parts I've used from other bikes have still been 1975 parts.

Because of you and this thread I am seriously considering buying a 78 XL350 off CL and doing a build like yours. I told my wife this is going to be her bike to ride, I was like " ya baby it's a small 350. It's perfect for you!" ;D

I'm loving this project, and it kind of has me wanting an ex-offroad single, but maybe an XL600 or something. I grew up on the pegs of the XR lineup from Honda and still appreciate them.

i'd go black forks...i think it'll give it a meaner stance as the forks will kind of disappear with the wheels. brat style would suggest black too.

Back
Top Bottom