75 cb750 battery/e-start delete.

irk miller said:
Sonrier can let you in on the specifics to the Earth X batteries he sells. I have killed two Shorai LiFePO4 batteries from accidentally leaving a switch on and draining them. My fault, but I want things dummy proof (me being the dummy). I have two Battery Tender LiFePO4 batteries, which is what I have on a CB550 i just built. They have special protection circuitry, so when you let them discharge accidentally, the circuit actually shuts the battery off and you have to hit a reset button to run again. Once reset, you can go back into charge mode and bring it back up again. I tried to do the first start/tune on that bike with the Battery Tender battery (like I said, me the dummy), and all the starting discharged quite a bit of battery, so I learned all about it's protection circuitry right away.
Definitely interested.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Similar features on the EarthX. Their reset method is automatic, though. When you put 12V onto the battery terminals, it automatically resets from the discharge protection mode. Not sure about the Battery Tender brander, but the EarthX also has overcharge protection as well as an internal cell balancer. In my opinion, these features are critical to using LI-ION technology on a bike and many early batteries did not have these features. Besides being made in the USA, this is why EarthX is the only brand I'll carry.

Sonreir said:
Similar features on the EarthX. Their reset method is automatic, though. When you put 12V onto the battery terminals, it automatically resets from the discharge protection mode. Not sure about the Battery Tender brander, but the EarthX also has overcharge protection as well as an internal cell balancer. In my opinion, these features are critical to using LI-ION technology on a bike and many early batteries did not have these features. Besides being made in the USA, this is why EarthX is the only brand I'll carry.
I like the sound of that!
Would this work for my application?
I know its for a dirtbike, but it's not being used to crank the starter.

Thoughts?

1d49e6eeeb81c37b2a91e71489c3235f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom