Front tire question

axe

Hey guys,

I am just prepping to order parts for my vulcan 800 bobber conversion... But i got a quick question.

I LOVE the look of a bob without a front fender, especially with a nice wide front tire, which my vulcan classic kinda does... BUT

I also ride my bike in almost any weather (except snow/ice... i am a wimp in my old age)

That being part of the equation, who is riding a bob without a front tire in the rain??? do you get much more wet/messy? I am looking at the Blue Collar Bobbers rear (since i am not metalwork savvy) and figure the rear fender has enough coverage to keep rear tire spray from getting me, but what about the front? what sort of difference in the rain as far as riding to work in a pair of jeans you will be wearing all morning lol

With no front fender at all, every bit of water (and rocks- think about that......) will come at your motor, gas tank and coils depending on mounts, headlight bucket (is there a hole on the bottom for wiring?), and more importantly up into your face.

It's more of a trade off type deal.

Hmmmmm, I hear ya... I was thinking all about rainwater, and completely forgot about stones and debris!
DOH!

Guess it's fender time....

Back
Top Bottom