So I am thinking about going to Barber...

03rangerxlt

Been Around the Block
Damn, when I started writing this post, I was all excited because I asked my wife about driving up to Barber for the big event, and going on Saturday. But I just checked on tickets and it will be $70 for the both of us to get in, and in the Ace Corner. That plus gas for the drive there and back give me pause.

If we do end up attending, what should a newb to this event know? Thanks!

ETA:
OUCH!!! I just saw that admission to the museum is seperate at $15 each. That puts total admission up to $100!!! I have a feeling my wife is not going to like this, but I will try to sell her on it. :D

Go to Kiley's on Saturday night and meet the best group of assholes you'll ever have the pleasure to drink beer with. And your wife will have a bunch of great ladies to hang with too, I brought mine last year. As for the festival, you will never take it all in on one day and you will just need to go back, again and again. The admission is worth it, you will see bikes you have never seen before, great people and you can meet a ton of the DTT crew that will be there. Sadly I am not able to make it this year and typing this has bummed me out.....

If you are only going for one day, forget about the museum. You will not have time to see a quarter of the festival if you try to go to the museum. It is worthy of a separate trip.

END OF LINE

Maritime said:
Go to Kiley's on Saturday night and meet the best group of assholes you'll ever have the pleasure to drink beer with.

Hey asshole! Who are you calling an asshole?

Going to miss you this year Mike.
:)

END OF LINE

The price is definitely not cheap but well worth it. I agree not to try to take in the museum that weekend. I can spend a full day in there alone. Even if you rush through the museum you will miss out on a lot that is going on around the track. Hope you and the wife get to come.

I look at it this way. I'd imagine wherever you live, once a year there is a 'motorcycle show' or 'auto show' in a convention center somewhere. In Toronto, we have the International Motorcycle Show every January, and then they repeat the show in March (same organizers). Then of course we have the annual Auto Show.

Tickets for any of these shows typically approaches $20 for a single day's entry.

The Barber Vintage Festival is at least 10x the size and value of any of these annual shows. Easily.

Compare the $25 entry fee for the show ($35 if you include the Ace Corner) to going to a 2 hour movie. $10? $13? Just for the ticket to the movie.

Anyhow - it's great value for the money for sure, including the museum of course. It's not inexpensive by any stretch, but compared to other events, it's a bargain.

Tim said:
I look at it this way. I'd imagine wherever you live, once a year there is a 'motorcycle show' or 'auto show' in a convention center somewhere. In Toronto, we have the International Motorcycle Show every January, and then they repeat the show in March (same organizers). Then of course we have the annual Auto Show.

Tickets for any of these shows typically approaches $20 for a single day's entry.

The Barber Vintage Festival is at least 10x the size and value of any of these annual shows. Easily.

Compare the $25 entry fee for the show ($35 if you include the Ace Corner) to going to a 2 hour movie. $10? $13? Just for the ticket to the movie.

Anyhow - it's great value for the money for sure, including the museum of course. It's not inexpensive by any stretch, but compared to other events, it's a bargain.

Well said.

You should go. I know myself and several other guys from the north Georgia area are going. It would be nice to meet and maybe start some locally based friendships. DO IT!

cyclefreak said:
Flugtechnik said:
Hey asshole! Who are you calling an asshole?

Going to miss you this year Mike.
:)

END OF LINE

This asshole is going miss all y'all too. I have to stop reading the posts about it. If I get drawn to win the DCC bike I will fly down Saturday and ride the thing home on Sunday, I could borrow the airfair for that reason.

I agree with the other guys, forget the museum if you only have one day. Besides you will see bikes that would be in a museum anywhere else, parked beside the road.
And after one day.....you'll spend the next year, saving for a weekend pass with museum for next year. ; )

Well i agree with everyone else it will be so worth you time and the money. Do skip the museum cause you will have way to much going on to see it. And you have to come to kileys afterwards! We have so much fun your wife will enjoy it mine, kileys jareds lets just say several ladies will be there so its not just a bunch of guys! Look forward to meeting yall.

Cafe Fabrications will be their in the Rockers Section @ the Ace Cafe Corner. Come by and say hello if you would like. We will have our CB750 and our little 350 we are scrambling to finish before the show.
Here is a sneak peak at our second build if you didn't see it in Mid Ohio.

CB350411_zps2b4509be.jpg

grant
www.cafefabrications.com

Back
Top Bottom