Hello Everyone!

Jayinchapelhill

Hello everyone, I just signed up to the forum because I have such a huge love of Cafe Era bikes, and want to learn more. More importantly I am also looking to either purchase a complete bike in the Raleigh area, or if anyone could direct me to models that would be best suited for conversion that would be super. Have looked a lot at the mid 70's Honda CBs, I actually have a largely intact early 80's nighthawk, that has a ruined engine but everything else is solid. Not sure if there are many aftermarket part manufactors for it. Problem is while I am quite handy, and great with tools, I don't have things like, welders, or english wheels so I am somewhat confined to buying custom parts or buying bolt on stuff. Anyhow I just wanted to say hello, and if anyone has some insights please let me know. Would love to be out on the road this summer on my own Cafe Racer.

-Jay

Welcome Jay. This is an awsome forum with lots of talented people and I'm sure you will find what you need or want sooner or later. Anything could be turned into a cafe racer, but from my experience, and 80's bike will be a little more work than a 70's 60's and so on year model. Specially since you do not have a welder.
But there are a lot of local people around here in the Raleigh area who do have those resources and who are willing to help. You should come and hang out at one of our upcoming meets. I think we are meeting at hybernian pub in cary next wednesday.
you can also check us out of Facebook under Do the ton triangle. That's were all the locals from the Raleigh Durham, Chapel Hill area do their day to day chat and what not.
Post some photos of your ride.

Back
Top Bottom