Engine work recommendations

hitsuke

Hey guys. I'm nearing the home stretch on my '72 CB450 restore (bar the never ending cosmetic tweaking). It's about time to get my compression issues taken care of. Anyone have any recommendations for engine boring and a valve job? I'm looking forward to dropping in some .5mm OS pistons. I was considering T-Hoff in Raleigh. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0322_resize.jpg
    IMG_0322_resize.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 248
I forwarded this to the DTTT facebook group as well.

first 2 replies:
  • George Chandler I'd really appreciate an answer to this too. I've heard Combustion Cycles in Durham is good, but does anyone know of somewhere in Raleigh?10 minutes ago · Like
  • Drew Wyrick I have used Combustion in Durham but they charge $80.00 per hole. T-Hoff takes about 3 weeks last time I checked because they usually don't do that small bore. You can get Walker Napa off Six Forks to do it for $45.00/hole last time I used them. Turn around time at Walker will probably be two weeks if you can wait, but Combustion can do it in a few days. Time=Money4 minutes ago · Edited · Like

Check our DMC near Tryon and Gorman in south Raleigh. They definitely do cylinder work, and I've heard they have a fairly quick turnaround time.

Before you go buying oversize pistons and commit yourself to a bore job, take the conservative approach. Tear it down, examine the bores. It just may need a ring job and/or valve job.

Remember, a set of cylinders only bores over just so many times. Don't waste them. Measure the bores and pistons and only rebore if necessary.

Don't mean to change topic hitsuke, but what tyres are you running on your bike? :)

Back
Top Bottom