"Thor's Hammer" 1975 XS650 hardtail

Re: "Thor's Hammer" 1975 XS650 hardtailing

Thanks for checking out my build. I honestly love basement loving/ computer trolls telling me what sucks about my build cuz in the end I know I actually ride a motorcycle and not a computer mouse. I know so many good dudes that love motorcycles that won't come near this site due to pricks like him.

rays650cafe said:
Now there's a visual I really didn't need. Some things can't be unseen,even in my mind's eye.

My bad! ;D

RoseCityCafePunk138 said:
Thanks for checking out my build. I honestly love basement loving/ computer trolls telling me what sucks about my build cuz in the end I know I actually ride a motorcycle and not a computer mouse. I know so many good dudes that love motorcycles that won't come near this site due to pricks like him.

Too true, fools like this destroy the benefits of a good and informative forum.

Hey Drivel, I've told you once, now I'm telling you for the second and last time. Keep the personal attacks public rather than on a pm.

Drivel's latest pm -

BBB!=Y'r the aussie so I s'pose Y'know and a daffodil viewer if there ever was.....

What do you call a photographer at work?

:Waiter.....Waiter.....

You said it yourself that
Swivel said:
I PMed to avoid you further public ridicule,so you could shun the light so to speak (sic).....I'm happy standing proud in any arena.....
now stand tall and by your word.

Third strike and your out, I'll report the next offensive pm to the mods. Capiche!

Cheers

Steve

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com.au/

yeah what he said,stay off mine too!!!!! im a newb to this whole thing and this dude trashed my want for knowledge.... nice work steve,really nice work!!!!

Have to say, Steve...

I'm in love with the build. The rustic nature of the bike is absolutely stunning, and the amount of time/effort/detail you've put into each stage shows just how deep your passion and dedication to having something that fits your requirements perfectly. Some people have a hard time accepting that others can actually show some ingenuity and creativity in their builds. Those guys are generally the same ones who have no clue which end of a hammer they should be hitting themselves in the face with.

Back to the bike... Love the old-school milk urn for the electrical box. Adds something unexpected. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking forward to seeing further updates.

Josh

elhefa said:
yeah what he said,stay off mine too!!!!! im a newb to this whole thing and this dude trashed my want for knowledge.... nice work steve,really nice work!!!!
I second that; avoid my thread as well or Im gonna report. I actually come here for the motorcycles not the shit talking.

DeadLogic says it all rite here

"Some people have a hard time accepting that others can actually show some ingenuity and creativity in their builds. Those guys are generally the same ones who have no clue which end of a hammer they should be hitting themselves in the face with."

G'day gents.

Thanks to all for the great feedback and support, particularly with dealing with the ongoing dramas and nonsense.

After a long day at work, it seems that I'm not the only one that wants to focus on bikes, builds and motorcycle talk.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated as my build progresses.

Cheers

Steve

Sorry Swivel, I've been reading alot of posts, and you've commented on several of them. In several of these posts you're trying to teach people that what they're doing is wrong. You often claim that it's only for their own safety, and it's mighty fine that you're so concerned about everyone and everything. But what I don't get is that when people answers you that they don't agree with you, or other experts telling them that everything is okay, or they really don't care - why not just leave it? I'm sure noone will hold you responsible if anything happens. I'm sure everyone appriciates advice, but if they ask you kindly to mind your own business - why don't you?

Sorry for OFF TOPIC..

GreatDane said:
Sorry Swivel, I've been reading alot of posts, and you've commented on several of them. In several of these posts you're trying to teach people that what they're doing is wrong. You often claim that it's only for their own safety, and it's mighty fine that you're so concerned about everyone and everything. But what I don't get is that when people answers you that they don't agree with you, or other experts telling them that everything is okay, or they really don't care - why not just leave it? I'm sure noone will hold you responsible if anything happens. I'm sure everyone appriciates advice, but if they ask you kindly to mind your own business - why don't you?

Sorry for OFF TOPIC..

+1

Cheers

Steve

only just found this thread, and like james i recognised the bike of SCR!

its gonna be awesome once its finished. like your wiring harness too.

cheers brad.

Great bike Steve. Keep at it. And as far as Drivel, everyone just needs to stop replying to him.

surfpig said:
only just found this thread, and like james i recognised the bike of SCR!

its gonna be awesome once its finished. like your wiring harness too.

cheers brad.

Thanks Brad!

Perhaps when it's done and the SCR crew and I are up that way, you'll have to come up and say g'day.

Best of luck on your build too mate!

VonYinzer said:
Great bike Steve. Keep at it. And as far as Drivel, everyone just needs to stop replying to him.

Much appreciated VonYinzer, means a lot coming from someone who's built an XS as sweet as yours!

Cheers

Steve

bradj said:
Or set him on fire

VonYinzer said:
After hitting him with a truck.

As luck would have it I happen to drive a flamed truck! :D

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• 415290_10150965519665930_840400383_o copy copy.jpg
    415290_10150965519665930_840400383_o copy copy.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 294
Wow, bike looks great man! With so many people building xs650's, it can be hard to find one with it's own style. But you've done it. I love the rust for sure. If there is a way to preserve it in it's current state (like a flat clear) I would go for it.

did u get that harmonic balancer for the truck yet??

i wanted to show you what i found in grandpas garage........
imagine using this as a suicide shifter

IMG_0740.jpg

kinda appropriate for your build

Back
Top Bottom