www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.  (Read 15904 times)

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
Re: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.
« Reply #90 on: Nov 10, 2017, 17:52:56 »
Nah... you want the CJ one.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #91 on: Nov 10, 2017, 18:18:27 »
Nah... you want the CJ one.

Virtually unobtainable these days.

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #93 on: Nov 11, 2017, 04:07:09 »
I just bought one on eBay ;)

I think I did too, but we will see when it gets here. I've got a friend in town so the bike is just sitting in pieces in a very messy garage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I also found out that I've got the CJ360 air boxes on this one. Dunno if the P.O. swapped them or if the bike came that way. Second question, does anyone know if the part numbers for all of the 77s are all going to go away at the end of the year? If so I need to figure out how to download the parts pages for the '77 CJ360 before that happens. I'm also guessing that some place has the older part numbers archived that I don't know about?

Anyway, just realized that my current way of tracking down part numbers is going to go sideways in 2018
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2017, 04:10:09 by Cursh »
Love me some old shit that don't run right . . .
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
2016 Retrospec Folding Speck
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline ridesolo

• "Illegitimi non carborundum"
« Reply #94 on: Nov 11, 2017, 07:17:18 »
I just bought one on eBay ;)

I've got one, too... for all the difference it makes.  My understanding is that the reason Honda made the change from the CB/CL pickup to the CJ style is to prevent oil starvation if the thing is left idling, on the side stand, when it's down a little on oil.  However, like I said, I have one; had the opportunity to get it while I had the engine apart so I figured "what the heck" and made the change.  From what I've read, the original is up to the task as long as you keep your oil level where it should be.  Bottom line: I had the chance to get one so I did, but I wouldn't be losing any sleep if I didn't have it.
“Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.”
— Baron Manfred von Richthofen

Please check out:  http://www.VetTix.org

These are on a low simmer out in the shop:
'75 Honda CL360: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=56547.0
'70 Rupp Roadster: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=67459.0

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #95 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:08:30 »
I've got one, too... for all the difference it makes.  My understanding is that the reason Honda made the change from the CB/CL pickup to the CJ style is to prevent oil starvation if the thing is left idling, on the side stand, when it's down a little on oil.  However, like I said, I have one; had the opportunity to get it while I had the engine apart so I figured "what the heck" and made the change.  From what I've read, the original is up to the task as long as you keep your oil level where it should be.  Bottom line: I had the chance to get one so I did, but I wouldn't be losing any sleep if I didn't have it.
I mean, I just bought one.  You can still get them, but you have to keep up with eBay.  They show up, but then go quickly because they're sought after.  I bought mine within 20 minutes of it being listed.

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Ben Lewis Creative
« Reply #96 on: Nov 14, 2017, 15:56:33 »
So, the thing I picked up on ebay was for the CB/CL - nothing fancy like IRK found on the webz. I also managed to isolate my points cover using heat shrink around the bolts, o rings at the heads and two gaskets. No more points grounding on teh cover for this cat.

I also vented the cover so that I won't demag another Charlies Place ignition. For now I'm just fuxing with points until I can be sure it isn't running hotter than normal.

I think the clutch issue was due to the clutch lever. That's really too bad. I have two of those brass knuckle bad boys. I was going to try to sell them to make the money buy another round of brass stock. i guess I could grind off the lever and just have a pair of brass knuckles, but I don't want/need those and don't think I can sell them legally as weapons.

Tomorrow is my no-screen day(mon/wed), so I should have some time to get back to putting all the appropriate pieces in place. I also have to try to build a jig for these Chinese take out planters that I've been thinking about, but I'd also like to see this thing fire up again if I can swing it. I signed up for a motorcycle rider course to ease my wife's concern on riding regularly. I keep pushing the course date back due to a bike that isn't reliable enough to get to the track. Making those calls every 3 weeks to reschedule seem to be good enough motivation that it won't likely sit for another 3 years again this time.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2017, 16:00:23 by Cursh »
Love me some old shit that don't run right . . .
75 CB360 project.
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
2009 MBC Street Fixie
2016 Retrospec Folding Speck
www.instagram.com/cursh

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #97 on: Nov 14, 2017, 17:53:58 »
I also managed to isolate my points cover using heat shrink around the bolts, o rings at the heads and two gaskets. No more points grounding on teh cover for this cat.
Just paint the inside of the cover with liquid electrical tape...