CB450 Tracker

stroker crazy said:
Very tidy!

Thanks very much, that's about all I have to make for it now. I will still need to make the battery box rear bracket but that has to wait for assembly time.
I bought a pair of Wiseco high comp pistons so I'll need to get the cylinder bored and then I can reassemble the motor and start putting the whole thing back together. Unfortunately this is all in limbo until I get back home :( :(

Finally back from Vietnam, so I made a seat base which I will take back there next week and get it covered. There are some really good upholsterers over there, and it will cost next to nothing, so it's worth a try. Tomorrow I will make up a little shroud to fit over the rear tank mount and then I can make up the sponge.

https://i.imgur.com/ODQYb4q.jpg[/IMG]]

Attachments

• DSC00174a.jpg
    DSC00174a.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 245
That seat will look smart when done.

I added a small flap to the front edge of the seat to cover the gap between it and the tank.

Just an idea...

mdMbAsM.jpg

Thanks, that's a good idea. I plan on running my seat up against the back of the tank, the photos just don't show it that way, so hopefully it works out OK.
By the way, that's a very nice bike you built.

Pete12 said:
Thanks, that's a good idea. I plan on running my seat up against the back of the tank, the photos just don't show it that way, so hopefully it works out OK.
By the way, that's a very nice bike you built.

Thank you.

I see a lot of nice bikes with a crap seat to tank gap, that was my attempt at fixing it :)

My brother picked up a yoga mat for me and I cut it up roughly with the scissors and glued three pieces together and, when it set, glued it onto the seat base. I then used an electric knife to cut it to shape, but that wasn't very successful, particularly trimming it to size. I tried an orbital sander with 80 free cut, which I had used on other seats before, but that didn't work either. I then tried my belt sander and it worked well, so I finished it off with that and it came up quite good.

https://i.imgur.com/sBhZ3Xe.jpg[/IMG]]

The seat base has been extended slightly on the edges by my brother and I have sanded it so it matches the rear of the tank and looks like it's supposed to be there. I don't have a picture of that with me and as I am away I'll post it when I get home. He has a really nice girlfriend so I need to do a good job on it as she will be on the back most of the time.
I have the seat with me over here so I can now look around for a good motor trimmer to cover it.

Attachments

• DSC00177a.jpg
    DSC00177a.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 242
That looks to be thick yoga mat....8mm?

I'll be doing the same :) but my girlfriend won't be throwing a leg over it...so she tells me :)

NoRiders said:
That looks to be thick yoga mat....8mm?

I'll be doing the same :) but my girlfriend won't be throwing a leg over it...so she tells me :)

It's around 10 or maybe 12mm mat, quite thick but the height seems OK.

Your girlfriend won't get on your bike - perhaps you need to get a new girlfriend ;D. Only joking, I'm sure she's very nice.

Pete12 said:
It's around 10 or maybe 12mm mat, quite thick but the height seems OK.

Your girlfriend won't get on your bike - perhaps you need to get a new girlfriend ;D. Only joking, I'm sure she's very nice.

I used 3mm closed cell yoga mat on my Honda seat. Just checked out 15mm mat and for £12 ($15) it seems a good deal, especially when built up like you've done to 45mm. Nice n comfy and will suit the flat tracker seat pad unit I reckon :)

She'll hop on tha back of a scooter on holiday and love it....just not into biking in the UK...she's cool :)

Got my seat covered here in Vietnam. It cost 150,000vnd, which sounds expensive but is actually around $6.50. It looks like a nice job, we'll have to see how it lasts to know for sure.
Edit: the white dots are from my camera, not the seat material.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 678
  • Seat1.jpg
    Seat1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 686
Looks pretty good. I've seen a few seats from Vietnam on friends bikes, seem to be holding up pretty well after5~6 yrs which is at least as good as OEM

Thanks guys, it looks the goods, that's for sure. I can't wait to get home and try it In place.

Just caught up on this build and I'm thoroughly impressed. Based on this and the RD you have a real knack for flat trackers. Keep it up!

jordandogtown said:
Just caught up on this build and I'm thoroughly impressed. Based on this and the RD you have a real knack for flat trackers. Keep it up!
Thanks very much.

Got my frame and seat primed today, hopefully I can put the topcoat on the frame tomorrow. The seat will have to wait another day or two as I want to do the tank at the same time, considering they both need to be striped as well. They will be Commodore red hot colour, but I've yet to decide what colour stripes I will add - I need to see what I have in my paint stock.
https://i.imgur.com/BZZ4AQr.jpg[/IMG]]

Attachments

• DSC00184a.jpg
    DSC00184a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 210
Well today was a shit day. The 2k paint I bought was faulty, the seller offered me a refund but that doesn't help me get my frame painted. I think I'll just go and get some 2 pak black and spray it properly. The spray can just spat out a bunch of dry paint...

Attachments

• DSC00185a.jpg
    DSC00185a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom