1981 nighthawk 750

Chrisgonzo91

Would the 1981 nighthawk CB750 be a good donor bike? This would be my first shot at building a bike. So I’m trying to find a donor bike that would be simple and easy to do. I found a 81 night hawk for a good price but im wondering if it’s similiar to a CB750 what’s the difference between them etc. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. From the Houston area also so if anyone here is from the Houston area that would be great as well. Thank you

The nighthawk is probably not the best option, if you haven't already purchased it. If you own it, the whole "bird in the hand" and what not. The nighthawk of that era doesn't lend itself well to the cafe racer bones imho. It's usually tough to make a muscle cruiser bike of that era look quite right. Its not impossible, but it takes a good bit of work, and if not really well executed, it can look pretty poor. I'd reccomend that you keep looking for an ealier sohc Honda, and if I may, don't look past the 550 models as well. Not as much pep as the 750's, but a bit lighter and simpler without the separate oil tank.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pre 80's Honda is the way to go. 750s are heavier than what you think, you would be surprised how good a 350, 360, 450 is!

If you might dig a bobber, Nighthawk can work. I used a donor 650 for the attached, but very similar to what you are considering.

Attachments

• cb650 B and A.jpg
    cb650 B and A.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom