CB350 VIN Question

MattTB

So I have this 350 frame that I'm probably going to go about getting a title for. So the vin tag says 2005xxx with a build date of 11/69, and it has a motor of 2007xxx. Looking at the motorera page with all the honda vin info, it says that the 1970 model started with 2000xxx. So, what gives? Would this bike have been sold and titled as a '69 or a '70?

The new model years for most any vehicle starts production around September/October. That way the new models are in the showrooms on time (often early) for the coming year.
If a build date is 11/69, it's a 1970 model that was assembled at the beginning stages of the production run.

On rare occasions manufacturers will have Early Release models that will debut in July/August of the year prior to there actual model year. But those are the exception and not the rule ;)

My LATE model (Near the end of the S/N run, with all the late model improvements/changes from the factory, was built 5/75 and is a 1976 model. I wouldn't be surprised if all the 1976 models were built in 1975....

Attachments

• Frame Number.jpg
    Frame Number.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom