CB360 barn find (actually pulled from a barn)

I built a rear inner fender for my old 360 using the factory plastic mudguard. Cut out a shape that I liked and used it to lay up fiberglass.

91dd92cb148a726c6e2cc0e312300e9e.jpg

828dd8346906dd0ca4465f2ecef5c55e.jpg

I welded a bracket onto the swingarm which bolted onto a bracket that I riveted to the fender.

Here's a picture of it mounted.

136a12548f83ebf92271b606ef01d1a1.jpg

cyglide said:
Thats a good idea. So basically the fender moved with the swing arm?

Yep, exactly. It worked well and with the 1/8" bracket there was no excessive movement.

So, I am not dead. I haven't forgot about this project. I just got side tracked for a while. Working on getting this thing finished up so my wife can learn to ride on it this spring. I ordered some more parts, a seat from Texavina, and we are getting close. I'm working on putting the rear brake back together but have ran into some issues. I took this thing apart 3 years ago so memory is pretty slim on it and my clymers manual is all but worthless.

I have the pedal mounted, with the cam going through, and the spring sits under the pedal arm and then the upper tab of the spring goes to the tab on the frame. The tab coming off the frame is bent back at maybe a 30* angle. Is this how it is supposed to be? The few pictures I found of this area it looked like that tab was straight, but the is a thick piece of metal and I don't think it was bent accidentally. With it being bent at this angle, the little adjuster screw does not come into contact with the pedal, so I can't really adjust the pedal height. There are two threaded holes in this bracket/tab, neither really lines up right with the pedal. What am I missing? Also, anywhere I can get a non rusty spring? I also lost the bolt that goes into the cam, so gotta go to the hardware store and hunt one down that will work.

OJTSXj8.jpg

WyBRrzj.jpg

872KX70.jpg

Lastly, is the little hook/loop thing just to be used as a guide for a vent/overflow tube off of the carbs?

Anyone have any idea on how that rear brake tab is supposed to sit? I still feel like I'm missing something.

Anyone have any idea on how that rear brake tab is supposed to sit? I still feel like I'm missing something.
Brake pedal adjustment tab should be square to the long axis of the frame. The hole you are using for the adjustment bolt is the correct one.

Brake pedal adjustment tab should be square to the long axis of the frame. The hole you are using for the adjustment bolt is the correct one.

Thanks. Guess I will see if I can bend it back to square. Hopefully it doesnt crack the powder coat too bad when I do it.

Back
Top Bottom